Presidents message...good news for ca students november 2011

CA Pradeep Gujaran (Internal Auditor) (176 Points)

10 December 2011  

Extract from presidents message.......

Initiatives for Students

Best Wishes to All 2.5 Lakh Students: About 2.5 lakh students (83000, 131000 and 36000 students for Final Examinations, IPC Examinations and PC Examinations respectively) have appeared in the Institute’s November 2011 Chartered Accountants Examinations at 345 centres including three centres abroad. All the examinations were conducted without any inconvenience or issue. The Examination Department is fully geared up to evaluate the answer books and declare the results in time. I wish all students would pass the examination with flying colours.

Recommendations for Amendment of Regulation 28E(1)(b): It has also been decided to recommend for amendment of Regulation 28E(1)(b), whereby the study for IPCC would be reduced from existing nine months to eight months to make candidates eligible to appear in the Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE) from the date of Registration for IPCC.

Review of CA Syllabus: We have taken a muchdesired initiative and formed a Committee as per direction of the Council to review comprehensively our syllabus for CA course curriculum that has not been undertaken since 2006.

Orientation Content for GMCS I & II: We recently deliberated on the proposed contents of Orientation Programme for GMCS-I and GMCS-II and finalised the same. All the necessary initiatives have been taken to prepare the course material for these courses along with a trainer’s manual as soon as possible.