Easy Office
LCI Learning

President Message to Students

Ratan Deep Saxena (Asstt Manager (Accounts & Finance))   (2998 Points)

05 August 2010  

Communication from the President, ICAI

Tuesday, 3 August, 2010 12:21 PM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
ratan_deep1 @ yahoo.co.in

MyDear Students,

At the outset, let me extend my hearty congratulations to the students who have passed the CA Final examination held in May 2010, for which the results were declared recently. I welcome you to the much coveted profession of chartered accountancy and my best wishes to all of you for a bright and successful career ahead.

At the same time, my heart goes out to those of you who were not able to get through this time. I advise you not to lose heart and strive to achieve success through hard work and commitment. Learn to take defeat with grace and learn from your mistakes. Do not forget that no great achievement is possible without hard work, which should also be disciplined and systematic.

Some of you may have certain misnomers regarding the process of examination and declaration of results. I assure you that the entire system of examination and declaration of results is fool-proof and synonymous with integrity, reliability and honesty that the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India epitomizes. The interests of the students are utmost in our minds.

The results truly reflect your performance in the examinations though in certain cases may be considered below your expectations. I wish to reaffirm that the Institute does not undertake any moderation that is directed towards reducing the results. We would like to bring to your specific attention that discrepancies, if any, in the question paper like questions asked beyond syllabus or beyond the level of knowledge expected from students, mistakes in the question paper that cause difficulty in understanding the question etc. are examined at length and moderation is done only to benefit the students and not otherwise. This result has been no exception to aforesaid.

Clearly, there is no question of supply being adjusted to the demand. In fact, in 2008, when there was a downturn in the economy, the success rate in the CA examinations peaked at 25% (in May 2008) and 20.27% (in November 2008). It is my earnest request that you do not get carried away by these rumors spread by parties with vested interests commercial or otherwise and instead concentrate on preparing for your forthcoming exams and put in your best efforts in this direction. Do remember that when you strive for excellence, success will come on its own.

Many of you who may be attending private coaching classes may have the tendency to restrict your studies to the notes provided by the coaching center. However, these notes may not always help in getting a good grasp of the concepts and principles, which are fundamental to understanding and learning any subject. If the roots are not strong, then the tree will not be able to weather the storm. Likewise, if you are mechanically following the step by step procedure taught to you without understanding the underlying principle or concept, you would not be in any position to face the question paper under examination conditions. The quick-fix formula will not work for achieving success in examinations. On the contrary, if you have a strong conceptual understanding of the subjects, then, you would be able to approach the question paper with a positive attitude and this would ultimately be reflected in your results.

In this context, the Institute is fully aware of its onerous responsibilities to provide the highest form of professional education to its students.The study material and other educational inputs provided to you are prepared with an aim of building a strong conceptual base. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you read the study material and understand the concepts thoroughly.

At the same time, it is also very essential that you remain updated with the developments in all the subjects of your curriculum. For this purpose, you must make it a point to go through the Students journal regularly. The students journal is a monthly publication of the Board of Studies and contains academic update and articles on different subjects as well as important announcements relevant for the students pursuing CA course. You must also go through the Revision Test Papers which help in revision of the subjects before taking the examination. The suggested answers and compilations will enhance your understanding about the pattern of questions asked and the manner of answering such questions. It will enable you to solve the problems in the best possible manner and help you work upon your grey areas.

Another important educational input is the Supplementary Study Paper on Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws to be used by the students of the Final Course and on Taxation to be used by IPCC/PCC students. They are very important for updating your knowledge regarding the latest statutory developments in taxation.

Last but not the least, do not consider learning as an onerous task. Enjoy what you are learning. When you enjoy studying, your learning is deeper and long lasting. Do not resort to rote learning, since it is no substitute for comprehension. When you try to understand something, it stimulates your thinking ability. Also,concentrate while learning - then, whatever you learn goes into your permanent memory and can never be erased. These are small words of advice  but it will go a long way in helping you to achieve success. I do hope and wish that success comes your way soon! Let us work together to achieve the same.

With best wishes,

Amarjit Chopra
President

You all r requested to post your comments on the above message. Are u agree with his views completely?

regards,

ratan

4 Replies

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 05 August 2010

jhoot bol raha hai tauu! no moderation, hah! we are not fools

Palash Gupta (Student...Hoping to pass Inter)   (892 Points)
Replied 05 August 2010

Ya u r right jose we r not fools dat we can not judge the Moderations and Manipulations in the result.......!!!!

of PCC/IPCC. He Himself said in a seminar before result that " Result has Been Kept Low to teach a lesson to PRIVATE COACHING CENTERS''

Between this fight of ICAI and coaching centre it is Us who ultimately suffers.......!!

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Palash

Ya u r right jose we r not fools dat we can not judge the Moderations and Manipulations in the result.......!!!!

of PCC/IPCC. He Himself said in a seminar before result that " Result has Been Kept Low to teach a lesson to PRIVATE COACHING CENTERS''

Between this fight of ICAI and coaching centre it is Us who ultimately suffers.......!!

Mayank Raj (CA Final) (91 Points)
Replied 05 August 2010

Hamare president saab ye bhul rahe hai ki Result low karne se student aur jada Coaching classes lenge. sayad bade logo ki yitni chhoti si baat nahi samajh me aata.

1. If he is really want to control on coaching classes then why not ICAI control his Fee. ICAI can do any thing because all chartered accountants are the member of Institute and he is bound to follow the rule of ICAI. Why they do no make rules that contain the fee limit.

2. Why Institute not start own classes at low fee?

3. But it is certain that if in future ICAI starts coaching It will charge more than private teachers it is clear form the fee increment of CPT and IPCC.

4. Amarjit chopra focus on conceptual clarity and Article Training. I would like to ask him how much CA firm taking the practical work from article which is relevant in our syllabus. How training gives us conveptual clarity in as far as Final syllabus is concern like MICS, Costing-OR, SFM-Derivative, Portfolio, LAW- FEMA, competetion Act?

5. I wold also like to ask Amarjit chopra whether his concept is clear in all topics of final? whether he passed without coaching?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: