Power Cuts

Rangarajan (CA Student) (200 Points)

01 September 2008  

Hi Everyone

I am really unhappy about the power cuts in Tamil Nadu. It is that in the city the power cut is for one hour and for the rest of the place it is for 3 hours(with regards to Chennai city)

I agree that the Government has some problem and they are trying to rectify it.

Today (01.09.2008, Monday) as I was travelling from Guindy towards Adyar, as I made the turning near the Raj Bhavan towards Anna University, there were tube lights placed at the end of the road at the platforms. The gap between two tubelights were around 10 or 11 feet. The lighting decoration started from the turning from Raj Bhavan and ended at Anna University.  Anna University was well decorated with all the lighting facilities. I was in a hurry, so didn’t see what was the function but I could see that our Chief Minister is going to be there at that function. I think he is the person to realize what a power waste?

As I was entering the Kotturporram Bridge, on my left I saw a temple with a beautiful lighting decoration made. The lighting was done on a hording. The specialty is that the lightings together represents the Lord Vinayagar’s whole body. Then I wondered, how many Tamil Functions are there in a year and how many Temples will have such a Hording. I think that is a waste too?

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT OFFENDING ANY TEMPLE IN PARTICULAR BUT I AM JUST PRESENTING MY VIEW.

Regards

Rangarajan.K