Easy Office
LCI Learning

Plz Share Ur Experiences,mistakes n Observations of Nov exam

Page no : 2

CA.CWA.Venkatesh Repala (CA CWA;(CS PROFESSIONAL))   (1231 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

i gave gr2 attempt

mistakes:

AMA: BEING PANIC TOWARDS QUESTION PAPER, LACK OF PROPER SELECTION OF QUESTIONS FOR ANSWERS IN ORDER, TIME MANAGEMENT

ISCA: FORGOTTEN KEYWORDS

DT: NOT COVERING ALL AREAS IN PREPARATION

IDT: HOPING CASELAWS & NOT WELL AT PENALTIES AND PROSECUTIONS

Neelam (Trainee) (37 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

thanx....keep sharing... its helps a lot

Minnoo Rose K (CA) (39 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

how much ever u prepare its ur attitude in d exam hall that matters..

wt happened to me 4 accounts dis tym( m an ipcc student ) was dat while searching 4 an easy question so dat i cud do it 1st, it seemed to me lyk all qtns wer so vry tough.. i lost ma confidence.. got tensed ...i cudnt concentrate properly ... so i tuk plenty f tym 2 cmplete 1 qtn..

so wt i wud lyk 2 say s dat.. try to keep ur mind cool ..be calm... pray to God to help u present watever u hv learned in d best manner posible.. 

and nother impt thing s revision..do as much as revision as posib esp 4 theory subjects .. and tax too.. 2wards d end i cudnt recollect nythin in tax... plan well ..... take care f ur health too.... 

Ashish Ojha (Chartered Accountant) (469 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

My DT exam was also spoiled... the same reason as Ravi gave above....

Memory Memory and Memory....

This is the real weapon.. I had good command on DT especially PGBP and tough Adjustments of Dividends and Capital gains... But Questions were unpredictable, they were from those sections which were  ot expected.. I was confused about wht is correct solution bcoz 3 solutions were roaming in mind...

Costing paper was a real test... Long paper with difficulty... I think more preparations is required for Stress Handling.. I made mistake in Transportation Problem whcih i regret was the  easiest Question...

My Advice to other students... Do something at Stress Handling... It may kill Your all Preparations..

I dont know what result may be... I will start studying for second group again from next week... Especially DT... Because I think "Picture abhi baki hai mere dost"

CA Abhinav (Chartered Accountant) (496 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

Hi Everyone,

I gave the PCC 2nd group examination in Nov'10 and one of the biggest mistake I made in Cosing paper wherein I attempted all question forgotting the changed patteren implemented in Nov'10 examination (anyone else who did the same silly mistake). Due to this my first paper was the worst. The lesson I got from this "Read the Paper Very Carefully" which did in next two papers. And Best of luk for the result guys........

Thanks

Abhinav

Neerali (Student) (63 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

So.. From above experiences one thing is definiately sure is we need good time for revision.. i m appearing in may'11 .. have started to study since a week.. thanks for all ur feedback and please continue to do so.. i will be really helpful for all the fellow student.. it will also boost our moral.. have one question is can one study finals without any coaching?

richa TYAGI (Article) (39 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

@ neerali so whts ur  stragies nw..........

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

For 1st group i think actually our senior's advice that audit is the tormentor,I think it is totally incorrect, the real evil is PAPER 1 accounts is the real evil. Yes audit is a universe but  accounts has all the ingredients of being a killer. Prepare thorough and still u hv a question jo sab pe pani fer deta hai,example is this time 's holding company question,pata nhi kaha se aya tha. MAFA is quite easy but tricky. Law have direct questions,so doing munish bhandari's book is enough.

Second group., as the legend is DT will kill u big time,so vast so technical u dont get tym to think even a bit about anything else. This time's Dt was straight out of the mind of a devil,who i dont think would be able to solve it fully in 3 hours.Costing is COSTING,dont mess with it, ISCA ratta lagao khushiya pao(mug it up n have fun), IDT is the saviour of group 2. ALL IN ALL,the biggest mistake i did was i understood all the syllabus topics but i didnt crammed it which I think was a sort of handicap in writing the questions in exams.

P.S dont miss e filing aspect of everything be it  MCA,TDS return,IT return,tax payment,any complaint filing,etc. In short anything and everythingrelated to web connect and dont waste ur time learning sections. Insti gave all the section with a brief hint of what they are about,concentrate on meat of the section,not its nomenclature. PEACE

1 Like

C.A. Dhara (Practising Charteded Accountant)   (188 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

Hey this was my third try in ca final. i clear my first group in  may 2010. i have observed in my esperience that paper sometimes confused us. aur sometime hamare aandar ek dar hota hain apne weak subject ka. For me costing was my nerve system and main itni dari hui thi lakin woh aacha hua. But its my view and my dream that i want to become CA at any cause and at any reason.

Anmol Agarwal (ipcc student) (27 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

i am an ipcc student.....i expected a lot from my papers.....but at d very frst xam....i was cumpletly shattered.....d choice of question really matters..........i made wrong selection of questions....whichever question i took was d  either vry difficult,out of course, or vry lenghty.....and d result was dat i could not attempt most of the easy part of d paper..which was attempted by all of my friends.....i was cumpletly devastated..........but thereon i went more focused for second exam and my audit audit paper was awesome...........

one else mistake which i made was very huge and very stupid ...in tax paper.....this tym u hv a choice to leave 1 question....but i left 2 questions.....and was of d view dat i hv attempted full paper.....as both the quesions were fully theoretical nd small and were on the same side of the two left hand sheets.....and it was so stupid of me.....i screwed my paper.........so every1,plz take note dat u don;t repeat d same mistake

at last,what i learnt is dat,

"CA exams r d exams of ur personality"...so enhance ur personality., nd ur performance will also improve....

(Guest)

accounts was not gud .cried after my account xams . got confused in the exam .n the result was  incomplete answers to some questions!!!!!!1

law,ethics, communication, audit- amazing.........

then 2nd group..........

cost fm :too lenghty.... at last 15-20 mins .. i wrote answers in points in case of theories ...cdnt explain better .n left one question........

TAx:was amazing again ...............

it & sm: expected to rock in  this paper n compensate for cost fm .but xam wasnt upto dat satisfaction level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ravi_ (article -bonded labour- trainee)   (141 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

1.COST- when u practice cost for first time mark important points in questions and also important questions, before exam go through only these few questions... cost exam is so lengthy you will not get a second to think and analyze that  what would be the right answer. do as many ques as possible.... nothing else can help you (caution- sanjay aggarwal's book-- pathetic question selection), Saxena Vashist is a gud buk, covering almost all types of question..

Neerali (Student) (63 Points)
Replied 23 November 2010

@ richa.. my strategy is to study most of my time of the day.. and make out most time for revision bt i havent attended any coach so wud make up my maximum time understanding the concept ... 

Sumit (PR) (336 Points)
Replied 25 November 2010

Originally posted by : MOHD ATIR

For 1st group i think actually our senior's advice that audit is the tormentor,I think it is totally incorrect, the real evil is PAPER 1 accounts is the real evil. Yes audit is a universe but  accounts has all the ingredients of being a killer. Prepare thorough and still u hv a question jo sab pe pani fer deta hai,example is this time 's holding company question,pata nhi kaha se aya tha. MAFA is quite easy but tricky. Law have direct questions,so doing munish bhandari's book is enough.

Second group., as the legend is DT will kill u big time,so vast so technical u dont get tym to think even a bit about anything else. This time's Dt was straight out of the mind of a devil,who i dont think would be able to solve it fully in 3 hours.Costing is COSTING,dont mess with it, ISCA ratta lagao khushiya pao(mug it up n have fun), IDT is the saviour of group 2. ALL IN ALL,the biggest mistake i did was i understood all the syllabus topics but i didnt crammed it which I think was a sort of handicap in writing the questions in exams.

P.S dont miss e filing aspect of everything be it  MCA,TDS return,IT return,tax payment,any complaint filing,etc. In short anything and everythingrelated to web connect and dont waste ur time learning sections. Insti gave all the section with a brief hint of what they are about,concentrate on meat of the section,not its nomenclature. PEACE

Ur Experience here is worth experiencng an attempt widout giving one...thnx...hope all odr examinees contribute.....

CA.kaya (Chartered accountant) (3990 Points)
Replied 25 November 2010

i did one mistake . i did selective study. which i should not have done. becuase of that i felt accounts paper difficult.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: