plz help to select gud buk -urgent

dasapra (stew) (32 Points)

29 May 2009  

I am non commerce back ground

some one suggested me tulsian book but when i read it, i was unhappy cos the book which is very bulky and lots of theory given and explained

now don't laugh, thinking that i did not understand even explained there a lot

its not like that, when i picked accounts book first time in my life which of icai's material ..i never understood any thing from there, again i bought BS Raman book for acc....even the explaination is lengthy which actually never required dat much, i really felt happy by reading grewal accountancy written only for CPT which has covered all the points in short

do you believe ?in the initial stages we should not go in detailed study (that's why a method called Introduction)

for example how do you feel if you read first T N Manohar for tax and then take Singhania ??

or how do you feel when you read Munish bhandari's law hand book first and then go for normal book??

so initially i want to study the whole subject as introduction so i need only few and relevent points

and  then coming bak to acc i bought hunif mukharjee book for pcc which is really good

now coming to the point

I already bought saravana prasath for costing again its same problem as tulsian lots theory given again I wanted to change the book, cos while reading that much of theory i lost myself somewhere

when I went to shop again and i saw a book for costing by arora (its not for CA , but i think there is a book for ca by same author) i felt really happy ...wonderfuly given...but now i did not bring cos the book i saw there is written for b com it seems

so i thought of asking help from you guys

plz suggest me a book for costing which has few relevant points similar to hunif mukharjee or especially cpt accounts by mp gupta agarwal etc or m n arora's costing book

I am sure saravana prasath's book is not like that

so any other book with less theory (here im not speaking anything about problems)

so plz help

thnks in advance