Easy Office
Easy Office

Please save icai acronym !!!!!

Page no : 2

vinayak (Strategic Management & Finance Professional)   (33 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

@ AYUSH ......Half knowledge is always dangereous ....Icwai was asking for a name change to incorporate management accountancy in its domain name , To this ICAI objected which drastically ended up being renamed as institute of cost accountants of india (icai). Institute of chartered accountants of india hits back on its own leg. All over the world cost accountants are knows as cost & management accountants  .Friend its not the matter of hatred among students or any professional body . we should understand need for the name change . being given a tag of cost accountants to a multi-disciplinary body is not fruitfull to the career of members & students. To explain this let us say we live in an economy where there are 100 chocolate lovers 20 black choco lovers , 20 white choco lovers & 60 brown choco lovers. suppose i make chocolates & wrap it into two boxes  each containing same number of chocolates - black , white & brown.  for one box i give name as "chocolate box" & other box as "white chocolate box". in this case white chocolate box appeals only to white choco lovers & it will loose all the others choco lovers , inspite of having all coloured chocolates. Think of this before comming to any conclusion., 

(Guest)

Vinayak ,

ICAI has no problem with same name ICAI. Main orign of Cost & Management accountant is itself not accounting regulator, they are not allowed to do any type ( even not  cost audit) of ltd co as per uk companies act. They fully protect CA UK interst in UK, Have ever found CA UK is advertising like CIMA Uk, no ,because CA UK is regulator not only profesisional body.

CA dont have problem of changing cost accountants as ICMA provided It should avoid all its statutory fucnstion , It may be given educational itstutiuon like the same in Canada and Us.

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

Originally posted by : vinayak

@ AYUSH ......Half knowledge is always dangereous ....Icwai was asking for a name change to incorporate management accountancy in its domain name , To this ICAI objected which drastically ended up being renamed as institute of cost accountants of india (icai). Institute of chartered accountants of india hits back on its own leg. All over the world cost accountants are knows as cost & management accountants  .Friend its not the matter of hatred among students or any professional body . we should understand need for the name change . being given a tag of cost accountants to a multi-disciplinary body is not fruitfull to the career of members & students. To explain this let us say we live in an economy where there are 100 chocolate lovers 20 black choco lovers , 20 white choco lovers & 60 brown choco lovers. suppose i make chocolates & wrap it into two boxes  each containing same number of chocolates - black , white & brown.  for one box i give name as "chocolate box" & other box as "white chocolate box". in this case white chocolate box appeals only to white choco lovers & it will loose all the others choco lovers , inspite of having all coloured chocolates. Think of this before comming to any conclusion., 

No Comments on This Professionals Platform.......May I have Your Cell Number..... You Can Message me...........We have Telephonic Conversation

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

Originally posted by : Raj Kumar Gupta

Vinayak ,

ICAI has no problem with same name ICAI. Main orign of Cost & Management accountant is itself not accounting regulator, they are not allowed to do any type ( even not  cost audit) of ltd co as per uk companies act. They fully protect CA UK interst in UK, Have ever found CA UK is advertising like CIMA Uk, no ,because CA UK is regulator not only profesisional body.

CA dont have problem of changing cost accountants as ICMA provided It should avoid all its statutory fucnstion , It may be given educational itstutiuon like the same in Canada and Us.

Agree With You.

vinayak (Strategic Management & Finance Professional)   (33 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

Mr. Raj Kumar gupta I respect your observation over the ragulatory matter. I am both qualified chartered accountant & cost accountant too. But if i sincerely put a thought to this thing . Regulatory work in the hands of cost accountant is very less as compared to chartered accountants moreover the number of practicing cost accountants are very less. there a large chunk of passed finalist who are in industry are worst hits of name change. Let india be the first country to develop its management accountancy profession having regulatory framework which could set a new standard world over .   @ ayush ...grow up dude....dont panic ....access the situation ...then comprehend ...learn from mr. raj

(Guest)

Vinayak,

First of all, CIMA UK a origin of management Accounting  , which is itself does not advocate the regulation of management Accounting , there is no specific area of management . CIMA UK is promoting management accounting at global level not for seeking regulatory power , but to providing finance professional like MBA.

you can define accounting ,financial accounting and costing , but the difination of management accounting 

goes beyond boundary of Accounting professsion. IF you do not want to be an Accountant first , why you need regulation. 

So far no. of cost accountants in practice is concerned , they are less. ICWAI should liberally approach ICAI and GOVT to make it professional institute like IIM or world class institute , ICAI do not have any problem . For first , ICWAI has to give up all its statutory functions like cost audit and all.

ALL CA and ICAI will promote  ICWAI at any front. Other wise , double standard is not allowed .

2 Like

CA kuldeep kothari (own practice) (375 Points)
Replied 20 December 2011

agree with rajkumar ji and aayush.

ITs not acceptable at alll to have ICAI(institute of cost accountants of india) same as ICAI( institute of chartered accountants of india)

The icwai institute is itself getting in mess with what the preamble or moto of ICWAI is ?

they have to choose one thing whether they want to develop as magament accountants or be in this cost audit kind of domain .........

they can't be both at the same time.....they can't act like a regulator and MGMT accountant at a same time.

i am giving the link of latest press release of ICWAI institute .....https://www.icwai.org/icwainew/docs/ICWAI-PRESS-RELEASE.pdf

is just not professional at all ,,,,,see what they have stated like we all ca's are the biggest conman.....

we are the only source due to which all black money is flowing in............is this a ethical statement from a national body ICWAI.

with utmost respect to ICWAI and My CWA frnds

this is not a battle of war ........

if someone is supreme and competent too than the supremecy can't be overturned

ICAI and CA's is The supreme and  prime regulatory body of accounting,auditing and it Will continue to be like this

JAI ICAI.....JAI CA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: