Easy Office
Easy Office

Please help Some One ..

Page no : 2

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

80C deduction can be availed at the time of TDS calculation on salary too. and then the person would not suffer extra TDS, 

after deduction extra TDS refund may get arise if the person has multiple sources of income / have diversfied investments, capital gains, house property loss, ( many more clause/reasons/rules and acts are there where he may get handsome exemptions and deductions)

but how come a deductor come to konw that TDS is refundable in hands of deductee? its the part of person who is getting payment after deduction, a deductee can never intrupt in such controversee, whether refundable or not, it would be between department and the assessee, your duty is to deduct the TDS as per rules and submit return, and handover the TDS certificate in lieu of tax deducted.

in your lines 

s TDS also required to deduct on Salary also becoz after computaion the TDS deducted on 94H is refundable, is tds required to deduct of salary also...

Dev K Sharma (Learning Thru Experience)   (157 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Originally posted by : U S Sharma

80C deduction can be availed at the time of TDS calculation on salary too. and then the person would not suffer extra TDS, 

after deduction extra TDS refund may get arise if the person has multiple sources of income / have diversfied investments, capital gains, house property loss, ( many more clause/reasons/rules and acts are there where he may get handsome exemptions and deductions)

but how come a deductor come to konw that TDS is refundable in hands of deductee? its the part of person who is getting payment after deduction, a deductee can never intrupt in such controversee, whether refundable or not, it would be between department and the assessee, your duty is to deduct the TDS as per rules and submit return, and handover the TDS certificate in lieu of tax deducted.

Ok sir Thanks a lot ,, for you kind advice,,, one last thing on above computation of income, deductions and tds deducted.

Wt will be the tds amount p.m. i have to deduct on salary...or may b @ wt rate...

No other income reported by the employee,other than salary & commission..

As i said i m already deducting TDS on commission..

in your lines 

s TDS also required to deduct on Salary also becoz after computaion the TDS deducted on 94H is refundable, is tds required to deduct of salary also...

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

total salary 20000*12=240000 9 straight way calculated without considering esi/pf/professtion tax)

less 80C ded = 100000 ( documents needed to claim)

=======================

taxable 140000 ( threshold limit 160000)

hence non taxable and no TDS

ignoring the fact that commission is paid to him under knowledge as employer

scenerio 2 .....when u are aware of both the incomes reported to you ..follow the computation posted by Mr Amol 

Dev K Sharma (Learning Thru Experience)   (157 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Originally posted by : Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

Tax has to be deducted u/s 192 only as 192 requires tax to be deducted on salary as well as other heads reported by employee. In this case, there is no need of declaration by the employee, as the company already knows about it. The tax deduction shall be as below.

Salary : 237500 (I am assuming that there are no allowances except professional tax Rs. 2500)

Commission : 406000

Thank you Sir, Its been very helpful to me ... once again thanks a lot...

So i have to deduct TDS on salary after computing , and no need to deduct TDS on commission..

Thanks a lot...Sir.

Total : 643500

Tax (A.Y. 2011-2012): 64581 (Including education cess)

TDS u/s 192 p.m. 5381 (except in the month of March Rs. 5390)

It is assumed that there are no investments that are deductible under Chapter VI-A

No need to deduct under 194H.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: