Please help me to understand the actual capital invested

Mohit (Others) (32 Points)

21 November 2013  

Hi friends,
My uncle is currently running a private limited company registered under MCA during 2008. There are 4 directors of this company & he is one of them. My uncle is telling me to invest a certain sum of money in his company but the information provided by him in past & the information present in the company information sheet are quite different. I feel that his CA is misleading me regarding the actual information. That is why, I decided to research myself.

My uncle told me that he along with other 3 directors had invested 25 lakhs each in the initial resulting to total of 1 crore as the base capital. Again, from SBI, a loan of 2.5 crores was passed for the same. This gives a total figure of 3.5 crore. Now, he is telling me that the value of the company had increased & the present value is 5 crore. He is asking me to invest 20 lakhs & for the same, he will offer me a share of 4% in his company.

Looking at the company information that I obtained from MCA, the scenario is quite different. The authorized capital of his company is 25 lakhs & the paid up capital is 2 lakhs. Even searching a lot of article, I am unable to understand these terms.

My questions are,
1. Is the initial capital was just 25 lakhs or 1 crore as stated by him?
2. What is this paid up capital of 2 lakhs & who had invested in this?
3. Can the the value of his company automatically increase to 5 crores automatically?
4. If I invest 20 lakhs, is my share value of 4% is correct or he is trying to play a game of fraudness?

I had no experience in companies & his CA is mis-guiding me. Please help me to take a decision whether to decline or accept his offer. What additional documents should I ask him?