Sumit (CA Practice ) (675 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Hello Hrithik

I have send the files at your email id.

Bye

Sumit Aggarwal

Ravi (13 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Hey tough luck for all then send me the file at my id: raveeraven @ yahoo.com thanks bye

Sumit (CA Practice ) (675 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Hi Ravi

I will definitely sent it at your email id till 6 pm today.

Bye

Sumit

Shuba Reddy (28 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

hello sumit,

kindly post me a copy of the audit procedures to shuba183 @ gmail.com

thanx..

Vishu (34 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Nature of work depend upon the nature of the client's business - trading , manufacturing , providing services  such as financial , banking services etc.

in many case the work is same in the articleship junior evel  first year-
vouching the cash payment - petty cash payments - bank payments - verify the signing or sanctioning authority, whether the person signed has power to sign or pass the payments and see the proper channels of authorization and etc ,nature of paymenst , account heads and see the acounting codes and all  futher verify the bank reconciliation statements of all operating banks of the clienst.

Reporting the work to the seniors is very important befor going directly to the concerned person of client.

During second year - slowly swithch over to journal ouchers and assets verification , inventory stock verification - Various Registers maintained as per Companies act  or Other acts , Payroll accounting , see the various labour laws - PF act and etc while verification.

In this case manage the junior articles accordingly to do the junior level work . guide them properly on same track - Get report from them and you report the seniors.Solve therirs querrys as well as your querroes with the concerened person of client.

During third year see the creamy areas like scrutiny of the ledger - cap Revenue and Debtors and Creditors MIS Reporting , Drafting Balance Sheet , Schedules and Groupings and Agings and Outstandings statments and  Verification of Movement Registera like Finished goods Movemenmt Reg , RMMR Raw material movement Registers , Valuation of Invetories . Method applied etc,

Agains Iam specifying you that the auding depend upon the operationsof clients business
its my experience shared to you ------

Vishwa

Vishu (34 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Nature of work depend upon the nature of the client's business - trading , manufacturing , providing services  such as financial , banking services etc.

in many case the work is same in the articleship junior evel  first year-
vouching the cash payment - petty cash payments - bank payments - verify the signing or sanctioning authority, whether the person signed has power to sign or pass the payments and see the proper channels of authorization and etc ,nature of paymenst , account heads and see the acounting codes and all  futher verify the bank reconciliation statements of all operating banks of the clienst.

Reporting the work to the seniors is very important befor going directly to the concerned person of client.

During second year - slowly swithch over to journal ouchers and assets verification , inventory stock verification - Various Registers maintained as per Companies act  or Other acts , Payroll accounting , see the various labour laws - PF act and etc while verification.

In this case manage the junior articles accordingly to do the junior level work . guide them properly on same track - Get report from them and you report the seniors.Solve therirs querrys as well as your querroes with the concerened person of client.

During third year see the creamy areas like scrutiny of the ledger - cap Revenue and Debtors and Creditors MIS Reporting , Drafting Balance Sheet , Schedules and Groupings and Agings and Outstandings statments and  Verification of Movement Registera like Finished goods Movemenmt Reg , RMMR Raw material movement Registers , Valuation of Invetories . Method applied etc,

Agains Iam specifying you that the auding depend upon the operationsof clients business
its my experience shared to you ------

Vishwa

Ravi (19 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Hey Sumit1122 I have not received the file yet. Please send it ......

What work do the CAs do if all the work as said above is being done by articles?

Stallion (16 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

hi..guys i am new to this n to CA also, i am preparing for pe-2 november 07 attemp. I grduated back in 2004 and started preparing r CAT, with 3 consecutive faliure in CAT04,05 n 06 and finally decided to jump in CA as a carrer, i hav 2 years of work-exp with 2 good brand names i.e XANSA & AMEX. Now I hav left the job cuz i felt the ned to pursue a professional qualification,

I need ur advise and guidance as 2 how shall go with my preparation ,,anybody who would like to share his/her experience and advise is welcome..i hope a lot of u will come forward to give ur advise..u can also write 2 me on monty01 @ rediffmail.com..

Thanks in advance..
[b](Dont loose ur grip on the dreams of the past, u must fight just 2 keep them alive.)[/b]

Shiv Prakash (164 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

hello there,
I agree with sumit BUT he failed to mention that we need to do a lot of work during cut off dates such as 31st march and 31st oct.

i have completed my articleship and during 3year period i can say that articleship is enjoyble. However its painful sometime also.

During 31st oct time we need to work overtime and also mid-night.

INTERACTING with client is also very important. Sumit was wrong tht u can ask any thing to client. If u ask silly or wrong question it will make a joke out of u. Before asking anything to client make it sure that there is notthing left on your part and all detail have been checked by you.
You need to first make it sure that u r asking right question. Demanding papers from client is the silly thing on part of new article. A client is a friend and not foe. You need to first go and check old file and study last 2 years paper work and workings made by other office members. Also read comments written and study other documents in this way u will get to know what is needed to be done.

SUMIT is also wrong that we only interact with client BUT RATHER WE ALSO interact with various departments and going to office such as income tax and excise and local sales tax need courage because officers there may confuse you on one simple point. OR might get stuck in one thing for which u have no answer.

Talking to officials and answering them is the art. which u need to understand during articleship.

bye
shivprakash_chaurashia @ yahoo.com
mobile no-9826507232

Ravi (13 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

shiv prakash could you kindly provide one of your audit experiences you have provided valuable information already thanks for that. (I am not very adept at Tally although I have sound knowledge of Excel is this a bad thing?)

Replied 10 May 2007

hi ravi,
well describing audit experience is tough. because there is so much to tell and speak about and NO ONE is honest enough to tell exactly what r his own mistakes and wrong.
I can not share any experience with you because of code of ethics. CA articles are prohibited to share any information which is gained during audit or any information gained during course of work in C.A.'s office. SO I AM SORRY i am bind by rules. and this is apublic plateform I u meet me somewhere personally then i might share my experience.

so bye for now
from shivprakash chaurasia
mobile no. 9826507232

Ravi (13 Points)
Replied 10 May 2007

Hi Shiv Prakash thanks for the reply.

I want to know if not knowing Tally well is detrimental. Please reply. (I want to choose a Audit Career path)

Replied 10 May 2007

HI ravi,
Tally is a damn easy software if you know the journal entries then you can easily run that package. why r u so worried. hey knowing tally is not the whole thing. be relaxed and be comfortable. ok ok relax just work up the articles and enjoy the period of articleship. you will easily understand the tally.
there are so meny other accounting package and if you know the journal entry then you can easily get commnd over any accounting software...........
RELAX ok if you have got a computer at home then load tally and solve some questions of PE-1 and PE-2 of (1) single entry system and (2) basic concepts of accounting. pass the journal entries and you will get command over the tally easily.

bye bye
from shivprakash chaurasia
mobile no. 9826507232

(Guest)
Please give me the names of top 40 C.A. firms in delhi ,so that i can apply for articleship

(Guest)

hi

I have done CA PE-2  & graduation from delhi university .I have done 6 months training & now i am looking for better opportunities , can you tell me names & place where these firms are situated , i am looking for articleship in a big firm situated in Delhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: