PCC - May 2009

Abhishek (CA - Student) (50 Points)

11 September 2008  

Hi all,

I am appearing for my PCC 2009. Shivering in my boots as I havent prepared. My articleship is dead serious and takes up most of my time. I cant do much about it as I want to continue in my work place for my full period of articleship. Its best for my career.

I have completed the follwing classes[guidance sessions] :

Subject- - - - -- - - - Confidence Level

a) Accounts  -     I have a good grasp in accountancy. When I do the sums, I should start gaining my confidence in the same.

b) Cost Accounting/FM - Low confidence. Missed way too many classes and lost interest towards the end. I plan on going for another session.

c) Law              -   Really confident. Love the subject and the intricacies.

d) Taxation     -    Relatively confident. Happy with the income heads. Missed classes towards the end which including set-off etc. and problems, I am finding them difficult as I really havent practiced them.

Im going to study auditing and IT by myself as they are theory subjects.

What do you guys suggest I should do from now onwards. I have little time but time enough to start planning form now onwards. Im back from office at 6.30 or 7.00 PM at the earliest. More often than not, it become 8.00PM or after. So how should I plan out my studying. I plan to join classes in the morning or weekends to keep me occupied.

Please give me suggestions as to how to handle my studies in my current situation.