Passing of Additional Duty

Sir,

I need your advice on passing of Additional Duty(paid during import).  I'm a manufacturer (central excise regd.). I procure my raw materials both locally and by imports.  I also trade my raw materials. Kindly advice on the Invoicing procedures for trading of these raw materials. Can I pass the Addl. Duty to others? Do I have to show it in my Invoice separately?  Kindly advice.

Regards

Vinod

Replies (4)

Dear  Mr Vinod,

Definitely You can pass on  the AID(Additional Import Duty 4%) paid on your import. For this you will have to take registration under Central Excise as a DEALER.

 

Thanks

Rajeev Verma

Advocate & Consultant

Central Excise, Customs & Servcie Tax

Dear Mr Vinod,

I agree with Mr Rajeev, you can definitely pass AID to your buyers when you trade your raw material. However you if you are basically a mfr and regd as mfr with central excise, there is no need for excise trader registration.

Please remember you have to clearly show all details of your purchase bill/import bill of entry, along with seperate amount of excise duty, AID, and education cess on your invoice, which will be linked to the qty of your bill of entry. 

Thanks to all of you. 

Regards

Vinod

Sir,

We have passed BE through DEPB.  Dont paid Duty in cash. Can I get benifit Additional Duty 4% to Excise duty ?

 

Thanks

Barnali

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details