Easy Office
LCI Learning

Pan error in tds return and section 206aa

Page no : 2

Sonakshi Mangla (Employee) (310 Points)
Replied 16 June 2015

Since the whole pan number was incorrect, you are not allowed to rectify the same & you have to pay the short deduction amount. No remedy is available as far as my view is concerned.
1 Like

Vineeth (Not Applicable) (21 Points)
Replied 14 August 2015

How to delete a row from the Tds correction statement? It says it cannot delete imported data. Is there any software that helpsin deleting rows?

Sonakshi Mangla (Employee) (310 Points)
Replied 14 August 2015

You are not allowed to delete a row..

Ashish Laddha (1 Points)
Replied 06 October 2015

I am working in an IT firm. My company has filed my TDS against a wrong PAN card in 2008, 2009 & part of 2010. Now, in 2015, when I filed online Tax, I see demand notice for these years, 2008, 2009, 2010 & realized that 26A does not show entries due to wrong PAN card. PAN card is completely different. So, it must have been an oversight or something.

Can you tell me way to correct this & revert the demand notice that I have right now?

Thanks

Mohan (Audit Assisstant & Accounts Manager)   (489 Points)
Replied 24 October 2015

Mr.Ashish,

The only remedy available to this is asking your employer to file correction statement in this regard.  You bring the errors to your employer's/s' notice by submtting copy of PAN card to him/them.  Once correction statements are filed you can apply online for rectification for all these years.

Nevertheless, you may also approach your assessing officer with all necessary proofs such as your salary certificate for relevant years clearly showing deduction of tax from your salary, your filed return of income for corresponding years and a printout of current status on the income tax portal.

You may call on 9699902777 for further query.

SAMEER MOHANTY (student) (23 Points)
Replied 19 February 2016

It is true that only 2 digits and 2 letters are allowed to be corrected in a wrong pan. If u have downloaded the conso file containing the wrong pan(errors more than 2 digits and 2 letters), then first solution given by Ms. Sonakshi Mangla is right. But if u already have corrected the pan, then download once again the conso file, make negligible changes to the deductee row containing that particular deductee & file it. Note: Don't even think of touching the tds amount, pan no., you can change the amount of payment in the downward direction a little bit, say if it is 100, u can make it 99. But for me best negligible fields are the two dates. Change it.......and wait for the miracle. But stay within the month, don't go beyond it. Say paid/credited date is 13/12/2014......then enter any date within december(except 13/12/2014....of course). Best of luck

Replied 19 February 2016

It is true that only 2 digits and 2 letters are allowed to be corrected in a wrong pan. If u have downloaded the conso file containing the wrong pan(errors more than 2 digits and 2 letters), then first solution given by Ms. Sonakshi Mangla is right. But if u already have corrected the pan, then download once again the conso file, make negligible changes to the deductee row containing that particular deductee & file it. Note: Don't even think of touching the tds amount, pan no., you can change the amount of payment in the downward direction a little bit, say if it is 100, u can make it 99. But for me best negligible fields are the two dates. Change it.......and wait for the miracle. But stay within the month, don't go beyond it. Say paid/credited date is 13/12/2014......then enter any date within december(except 13/12/2014....of course). Best of luck

ujjaishravan (accountant) (212 Points)
Replied 20 February 2016

Guys You're all ignoring one thing., the PAN cannot be changed over and above the normal possibilities provided by tdscpc but the PAN neverthless.,and RPU or any other software will not allow you to delete an already populated row...

Why are you bothering about the demand for PAN error even though you've corrected but that getting exceeds the possibility.... there's always a way out for all the TDS demand.....

You must think out of box. You're all considering one single part-the PAN correction part-..there's one more part you guys are ignoring, the "amount paid  or credited part and TDS deducted part" are still editable., right???? You've to accept the demand in the following way to avoid the demand....

Like Lazurrus., if you want to raise again., you must be dead first.....

Okay for this I'll tell you the wayout.... after correcting the incorrect pan if still problem persists and TDSCPC is just askin you to "pay" the short deduction amount.... but the short deduction amount  is calculated on the basis of amount as per "amount paid or Credited" field., so this is our option to pay whatever the amount we want to pay but we must "pay". if I were you I'll pay 1 rupee for the this kind of demand and I can be freed from the demand. because you must accept your losses., but quantum of losses depends on your own computation. okay I'm speaking much., lets come to the example:-

Error in the original filing:-

PAN(err)                 Amount Paid or credited           TDS              %

AAADT0000B          100000                                   10000          10

for this TDSCPC will be asking you to pay the short deduction of more 10000 due to PANERROR since the rate must be 20%.

Action taken in correction

mode         Last PAN(err)       PAN(corr)                 Amount Paid or credited           TDS              %

UPDATE    AAADT0000         BBBBDT1234B          100000                                   10000          10

if you do correction like above, your demand still be kept on. however the PAN will get updated...and the coso file contains both the Last PAN and PAN same.

I suggest you to do correction like the following

mode         Last PAN(err)       PAN(corr)                 Amount Paid or credited           TDS              %

UPDATE    AAADT0000         BBBBDT1234B          10                                         2                 20

ADD                                      BBBBDT1234B           99980                                   9998          10

Now TDS will be tallied with the available challan., however amount paid got reduced by 10. for this Pay a new challan for Re. 1/- and add One more row to tally the amount Paid

ADD                                      BBBBDT1234B           10                                        1               10

let your party to enjoy Tax creditof Re.1/-.

be Happy and make others happy......

A.shanmuga sundaram (Deputy manager) (73 Points)
Replied 20 February 2016

Better you can direcly contact the TDS section in IT Department and ask the solution.

Otherwise they keep on sending the demand notice for every year

Jitendra Kumar (Student) (21 Points)
Replied 29 February 2016

Dear Ujjaishravan,

Your Idea sounds good but is no more of use as "For tax deducted at higher rate, update is not allowed for TDS, Surcharge, Education Cess and Remarks."

So, one can change "amount paid/credited" but cannot change the TDS amount.

If anyone has solution for this issue. plz share.

Replied 04 March 2016

Exactly.... Mr. Jitendra. "Ghee agar seedhee ungli se na nikle to ungli tedhi karni padti hai." Idea given by Mr. Ujjaishravan is more of a solution, which cannot be applied in every situation. just apply my simple trick and just see....what happens!!!

tejal (Article) (42 Points)
Replied 17 March 2016

sameer mohanty ji can we do the same of PANNOTAVailble case. 

ujjaishravan (accountant) (212 Points)
Replied 19 February 2017

Lol.,., if you download the conso file ., yeah you cannot modify in the RPU., (there is seperate way how to change the not-able-to-modify fields., however that is highly not recommended) ., you can modify in online correction even if there is the higher deduction code been marked in the original return.,., 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: