EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

PAN Card on the Name of Business (Proprietorship)

Page no : 2

CA Bhuvnesh Kumar (Chartered Accountant) (69 Points)
Replied 04 June 2010

There is no individual existence of  proprietorship business other than is owner.

So, PAN of individual will be used for his proprietorship business.

Ashok Monga (Adviser) (161 Points)
Replied 04 June 2010

It is possible to obtain a new PAN in the name of sole proprietorship firm. Choice is of the individual - Income Tax Department does not object to it. 

My son-in-law, who is Chartered Accountant,  recently obtained a new PAN in the name of his sole-proprietorship firm.   Karvy, who receive applications for a new PAN, objected to this.   Finally, the Income Tax Help Line provided clarifications on phone to them and they received and processed the application for new PAN.  

However, it is important that the new PAN should only be used for transactions of the firm - customers who deal with sole-proprietorship firm should be given only new PAN (in the name of firm) and the PAN in personal name should not be quoted for deduction of any TDS by clients.  

Ashok Monga

1 Like

Balasubramani (Senior executive) (90 Points)
Replied 29 January 2011

useful information.

Patel (NA) (25 Points)
Replied 24 April 2014

I have a dobut, please help

1) I currently working with an IT MNC

2) I intend to do part business in real estate broking

Dobut : Can a salaried employee open a propertier firm?

If "YES" how does he start ? PAN and Firm Name ?

Please guide

Arpit Rajesh Chudiwale (ARC and Associates) (36 Points)
Replied 30 December 2016

Now all banks are asking for separate pan for proprietor in the name of the business. (they are not allowing us to opening new bank account with individual pan)

Hardik Damani (assistance) (24 Points)
Replied 18 January 2017

I have to start a Proprietorship business & want to make a PAN Card on the name of my business, while i have already an individual PAN Card on my name. Is it possible ?

Hardik Damani (assistance) (24 Points)
Replied 18 January 2017

I have to start a Proprietorship business & want to make a PAN Card on the name of my business, while i have already an individual PAN Card on my name. Is it possible ?

punit upadhyay (6 Points)
Replied 10 March 2017

what do you mean by NO

Replied 10 March 2017

Its no need to make another PAN card if your Firm is Proprietorship firm

Replied 10 March 2017

if you have proprietorship firm so need to make another PAN card for firm 

but if you are converting your firm in partnership firm or company so its compasary to make an PAN card for your Firm/Company 

Aathav (others) (22 Points)
Replied 25 April 2017

hi, my old PAN using for salary taxes. now i want new PAN number for Proprietor Business. i Dont  Want Mingle Both Income. Please tell idea

Vinay Yadav (2 Points)
Replied 05 May 2017

Sir likin mujhe jabarjasti post office mein firm ka name ka pan card mang rahe bhut parshan hu kya karu

Chandrashekhar Goudar (2 Points)
Replied 29 June 2017

Sir I have a proprietary firm.I have an individual pan. But SBI bank manager forced me to get separate pan for my proprietary firm .I applied for it and got new pan for my firm . N3

Thakur Pawan (2 Points)
Replied 22 September 2017

sir i have started a tent and catering business as propriotor and during gst registring on gt portal there is a require field that name of bussiness name as shown in pan card but the name on pan card is of mine. what can i do for that

karthikeyan m (2 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

for gst registration which is not accept my pan card because it shows company name is differ from my name

"  PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. Please submit PAN and Legal Name after validating with CBDT database"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: