Overbooked status in form 26as

 

When I view my 26 AS, it states "O" against Status of Booking. What does this signify? My employer has deducted all taxes for my income & has paid it to the credit of Government.
The amount of tax deducted at source ('TDS') as appearing in my Form 16 issued by my employer also matches with the TDS details in Form 16.

When I spoke to my employer company, they said that this problem is faced on account of some problem & this has been faced by many of the employees . My Company has instructed me to file my return.
Can I go ahead & file my returns. Will I have any problem with regard to this? & if I file my return how can I rectify this post filing my return.

Replies (2)
you can file your return, no problem regarding your form 16. the problem is actually with the employer tds return. for example, the employer has deposited 5000 as tds but while filing tds return deductee detail of more than 5000 has been provided... the employer is reqd to revise its tds return accordingly.
Yes, I agree with Tribhuvan Aditya Singh

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details