Our New Prime Minister

CA Tilak Raj Sharma (Practising CA in Solan (H.P.))   (6374 Points)

05 May 2009  

Voting for 15th Lok Sabha is taking place and on 16 May, we all know the results of these elections. After that there will be huge fight among the parties to form the next government as we are again going to see a hung parliament. Looking at these elections I always think about our next PM. Some of below questions struck into my mind:

1. Do I or PEOPLE OF INDIA have the right to choose our PM?
  2. Who will decide this? I think we all know this, but why thats the procedure?
  3. Why the vote is decreasing by every election? Who is responsible for this?
  4. Are these Politicals parties/leaders doing justice with their work?

For PM candidature we know that we have below choices. I am sharing my knowledge about them with you:

Manmohan Singh

Dr. Manmohan Singh (born 26 September 1932) is the seventeenth and current Prime Minister of the Republic of India. He also served as the Union Minister for Finance, succeeding P. Chidambaram.[1] He was the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India from 1982 to 1985 and held the post of the Finance Minister of India from 1991 to 1996 under Narsimha Rao-led government. Singh belongs to the Indian National Congress party and took oath as the Prime Minister of India on May 22, 2004, becoming the first Sikh to hold the post, as well as the first to govern from the Rajya Sabha.

An economist by profession, Singh has previously worked at organizations like the International Monetary Fund and the United Nations. During his tenure as the Finance Minister, he was widely credited for initiating economic reforms in India in 1991 which resulted in the end of the infamous Licence Raj system.

Dislikes about him:

1. He is Sonia's choice for this seat, not the congress party as he always do only those things she wants.
  2. On cut prices in Oil He said " Sonia ji ne chahthi thi to hamne petrol and diesel ki kimten kam kar di". Does a PM supposed to make such statement in public.
  3. On Raj Thakrey targetting on North Indians in Mumbai, He said " Mein kya kar sakta hoon" If a PM cannot do nothing then who can do?
  4. He is scared to fight LS election, just fought once and lost.

Lalchand Kishen Advani (Sindhi) known as Lal Krishna Advani (Sindhi: लाल कृष्ण आडवाणी) (born 8 November 1927) is a prominent Indian politician and a former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party, which is currently the major opposition party in the Indian Parliament. He served as the Deputy Prime Minister of India from 2002 to 2004 and is currently the leader of opposition in the 14th Lok Sabha (Lower House of the Parliament).

Advani, who began his political career as a worker of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, is often credited with having made the BJP a formidable force in Indian politics.

Prime Minister candidacy: In an interview with a news channel in December 2006, L.K. Advani stated that as the Leader of the Opposition in a parliamentary democracy, he considered himself as the Prime Ministerial candidate for the general elections, scheduled for early 2009[3]. This public revelation irritated some of his colleagues who were not supportive of his candidacy[4].A major factor going in favor of Advani was that he had always been the most powerful leader in the BJP with the exception of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who endorsed Advani's candidacy shortly after the interview was done. On 2 May 2007, BJP President Rajnath Singh, in an interview, stated that: "After Atal there is only Advani. Advani is the natural choice. It is he who should be PM".[5] On 10 December 2007, the Parliamentary Board of BJP formally announced that L. K. Advani would be its prime ministerial candidate for the General Elections due in 2009.

Controversies: Advani has often been accused of incendiary communal leadership. Advani is often credited with forging the BJP in to the powerful political entity that it is today. However, the party, which rose under Advani coinciding with the aggressive assertion of Hindu politics, has met with severe criticism from various quarters.

1.  Jinnah murder conspiracy.
  2. Babri Masjid demolition and the consequences
  3. Jain-Hawala scandal

Other Candidates for this seat:

1. Maya Bati - CM Uttar Pradesh

2. Lalu Prasad Yadav - Railway Minister

3. Sharad Pawar - Cabinet Minister

4. Pranav Mukherjee - Finance Minister

5. Rahul Gandhi