opting for composition scheme

As on 30/06/2017 I had closing stock of around 20 lakhs and I could not opt for composition scheme under GST act as 90% of my closing stock was purchased from interstate. even now at the end of 31/03/2019 my closing stock will be around 24 lakhs where the same thing that 90% of my closing stock is purchased from interstate under GST act and also was the old stocks purchased from interstate when the KVAT and CST act was exist. Whether I am eligible to opt for composition scheme w.e.f. 01/04/2019 or any stock declaration is to be given.
can any body explain me.
Replies (6)
before 1.4.19 what were you following
means without gst registration or normal gst registration??
why you opt for composition when you having more input
I want simple billing my neighbours are all under composition scheme but the customers are not accepting if I collect tax on my invoice. now I am under regular GST scheme.
The selling rate is same whether you give gst bill or composite bill of supply
I will not sell it on MRP but excluding GST that as a bill of supply under composition scheme. but I am asking weather I am eligible to opt for composition scheme. if applied for composition scheme is there any stock declaration or payment of tax for closing stock is required.
good clarification and information

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details