Easy Office
LCI Learning

Now i know why ICAI give 3.5% CA Final result!

Page no : 3

Akhilesh (Trainee) (43 Points)
Replied 29 July 2010

Originally posted by : anuj

I think these results are like a Lottery-

I think theyvgive computer generated numbers like-29/33/39/56 like that which I observed in most of students marksheet.

Also ICAI has started doing this since previous year when the result was a single digit (9%)-CA FInal Nov-09. Current result-6%

In May-08 it was 25% . So, those students who falls in a bracket of 6%-25% are not able to pass the exam just because results are controlled. 

It means those who score 29 marks in MAY-08 (Before officially publishing results) given 40 marks to make him pass and now in MAY-10 those who scored 40 marks given 29 marks to control the result.  

It s not the bad performance of a student but hard and bad luck . So, points raised by Anuj are deemed to be correct in such situation thats what I can say. Nobody knows on what basis they allot marks !!!!!!  I think they must be giving a command to computer before publishing result to allot marks randomly - Like- Make 40 to 29 (Replace command)

CA Neha Pandey (CA) (210 Points)
Replied 29 July 2010

Originally posted by : Harpreet

i am totally agree with Mr. CA Student but i never believe that CA Student is a student. As per my experience he is professional person whether in ICAI or elsewhere.......

But thanx for valuable replies given by CA student to other ca students/cci members....

Me too agree with Harpreet, Mr CA Student is not a student like us,he might be among those luky persons who have cleared CA Final when result was around 30%,and when institute gives 50% choice in Law & Idt papers,your views are not practical but they are just like a LECTURES,so dear CA Student still thanks for your practical lecture. And yes one thing more its only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Harsh

Originally posted by : Harpreet

i am totally agree with Mr. CA Student but i never believe that CA Student is a student. As per my experience he is professional person whether in ICAI or elsewhere.......

But thanx for valuable replies given by CA student to other ca students/cci members....

Me too agree with Harpreet, Mr CA Student is not a student like us,he might be among those luky persons who have cleared CA Final when result was around 30%,and when institute gives 50% choice in Law & Idt papers,your views are not practical but they are just like a LECTURES,so dear CA Student still thanks for your practical lecture. And yes one thing more its only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches

@ Harsh

Without knowing me, how can you comment like this. You are at Final stage and  before saying anything investigate and then give your precious comments. I am not giving any lecture here rather i am telling you the harsh reality. If you have not cleared your exams is it my fault??  Don't try to hide your mistakes by not working properly in CA.

If you are that much confident about your gained knowledge(i think you have not cleared still), I am throwing you open challenge to face me on your subjects. For you a concession to face any of my friend doing PCC/IPCC. Better go and study instead of passing silly comments. CA is much more than what you think..

(Guest)

@ Harsh... Read this post given by recently cleared student named Shashank... Also if time permits, visit his profile  https://www.caclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=77130 . You will know something about how to work in CA.

Hi Friends,

Since last 1-2 year i am a regular visitor of CCI. It is really surprising that some people are using this forum only to blame our Institute. May be they are just beginner or from other professional course.

But i just have some question to those Future CAs..

Are we good enough to be a CA? Had we given our best? How many properly planned hours we have devoted towards exam preparation?

More than 70% starts preparation after result (including me) and do fast track. 25 % prepare for 6 month but with gap not constant. and the remaining 5% are real student who always tried to deliver their best and they succeed too. I too escaped this time, got 40 in Cost. But 40 is nothing but same in rank of 30-50 marks. I too failed a lot of time but never complained institute coz i know i have prepared to get only 50 never thought to get 70 or 80. In Law,MICS n IDT i have devoted a lot n get the result. So if i wish to get only 50 or 55 and institute gives us 45 or 39, so is this fault of institute. Why we haven’t prepared for 80 or 75, if we had then i think this passing % would have been different.

Have we missed any cricket match, movie or outings? No, we have watched all T20,ODI, Sachin 200, all Movies and daily spent day n nights with friends. But still we need CA Certificate. How funny na? Its not university exam, its India best degree in Accountancy. So think from this angle.

Yaar please stop blaming institute and concentrate on studies. i know you all can do that. Institute is to help us and guide us....it has given us degree to earn bread and butter.....so please stop this.

I dont want to say that you people are not worthy, you too are as worthy as me or others, but ya Luck with labor works. Not passed this time na, just promise your parents that don’t worry next time i won’t give any chance to institute to deduct marks. Ek baar sacha promise kar ke to dekho.......

Within a week we are expecting result of PCC/IPCC, so again this blame game will start and who will suffer.........our credentials.........n others students from different profession will laugh on us.....Good na........So just calm down n start a with a fresh approach towards exam. Best of Luck.

Best of Luck to IPCC/PCC students.

1 Like

(Guest)

Harsh

CA Final Student

[ Scorecard : 57] 

Thank User 

Send PM
Posted On 05 May 2010 at 18:28Quote

It was horrible,i scored 58 last time and this time i m not even able to get 40,i m planning to drop this group n prepare for the 2nd from just now

You commented this just after your exams. Now you say its my fault or ICAI fault. If you don't study , who will fail???? Stop blaming others . Better work on your job.

sahil schroff (CA Final (N10)) (116 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

The naivety of some of the replies over here is astonishing, even with a poor command over a language as simple as english they have the audacity to call others incompetent and there are those who also feel entitled to something and gnash their teeth when delayed. seriously, drop this nonsense, none of you are going to change anything by arguing over here, I didn't clear may 2010, big deal, i know where my preparation lacked. i worked for pe1 & pe2 and got my deserved results. i couldn't do the same for may 2010 due to family problems and i got what i expected - a negative result. the talk about the institute indulging in malpractice has been exaggerated so much that it is everyone’s favorite excuse for not being able to perform.

CA Anuj (Chartered Accountant) (230 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

Mr. Surya says that CAs are commanding salaries like anything. I can talk only about two first attempers who were my senior in articleship.

One got a job of Rs. 350,000 in JP cement (Reva) another could get nothing at campus.

He, after remaining unemployed for 1 month, joined a real estate firm for Rs. 250,000.

So CA are getting even less than an MBA of Sikkim Manipal or PTU. (Those cheap distance learning garbages).

So don't be in Fairytales

CA Anuj (Chartered Accountant) (230 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

Originally posted by : sahil schroff

The naivety of some of the replies over here is astonishing, even with a poor command over a language as simple as english they have the audacity to call others incompetent and there are those who also feel entitled to something and gnash their teeth when delayed. seriously, drop this nonsense, none of you are going to change anything by arguing over here, I didn't clear may 2010, big deal, i know where my preparation lacked. i worked for pe1 & pe2 and got my deserved results. i couldn't do the same for may 2010 due to family problems and i got what i expected - a negative result. the talk about the institute indulging in malpractice has been exaggerated so much that it is everyone’s favorite excuse for not being able to perform.

Not even ten sentence, and you have committed more than 10 grammatical errors. Please mind your own language before accusing of other's poor one. People here are using sms lingo, so don’t expect much. And besides, we don’t have a subject called English.

sahil schroff (CA Final (N10)) (116 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

well anuj i've certainly struck a chord with you for reasons best known by yourself! if i've committed grammatical errors according to the english taught or atleast known to you, i've no issues committing such errors and will continue committing them with no regret!! if you believe i'm annoyed with sms english, really, you missed the point completely (unsurprisingly)!!

Chandranath Banerjee (Cost Accountant & Company Secretary)   (235 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

Dear all,

Jo pass ho gaya bach gaya. If any body passed out can call to sit again what will he do. How many of then pass again with his expert knowledge. I think all depends upon level of training & luck. But can you tale me how much of us can show expert knowledge within 3 hours. Pl. tale me any student with hard work & so called with expert knowledge appear for the exam and failed misarebly and appear again with hard work next time and failed again. then with broken heart appear again and failed for 5 marks. What will happened with his/her heart. No one will vouch for him sometime even parent will show agitation. So where goes the all big talk. In forth time he will appear for exam but with lots of frustration but can you all super hero tale me with this tantalising effort what will be his passing percentage.

Dear jo jita oh Sikender. Can you tale me except some student who has no capacity to clear CA Final. Rest of them have any difference with pass out . I can say that not only knowledge but application of mind and lots of lack matters

CA Neha Pandey (CA) (210 Points)
Replied 30 July 2010

Yes dear CA Student i have cleared my 2nd group this time and not able to clear my 1st group beoz i got 39 in Mafa,although total was also just 195,but i dnt know what to answer you becoz this time i am a failure if i would have score 6 marks more in Mafa then the story would be different,so dear i accept i m totally wrong as i am a failure becoz of 6 marks.....so dear  thanks for reminding me that moment when i got totally diappointed,what can i say now

(Guest)

Dear Harsh,

Accepting your mistake is a very good thing. It cleans your heart and motivates you to do better. Please don't get disappointed and work with full energy to achieve your goals. My prayers and best wishes are for you. I am sure you will excel in next attempt with good knowledge. Nobody can snatch your will power.

All the best,

God Bless You All.

Regards,

A learner...

1 Like

Akash Pincha (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (188 Points)
Replied 03 August 2010

I just need one answer, why Mr. President have said that results are kept low this time due to students are relying more on coaching classes, so my question is that the student who have passed Final may exam have not taken any tution or student who hv failed, had only taken tution??

And also why ICAI are criticising the coaching classes????

(Guest)

i totally agree with u anuj

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 04 August 2010

All the above disucssion is fine and throws light on various aspects of CA profession. 

Commerce Students never study alike  Science Students. It is a fact.

Whenever a student scores high marks in Standard X; all people (his relatives and friends) would suggest him to go for Science.

The position of general science students is worse than general B.Com. students.  It is my experience. B.Com. students may get job in (m)any business organisation(s); but it would be very tough to have job by general science students. (I don't wish to say that Science stream is bad; it is our attitude which decide how we treat the stream). 

If commerece students study in the same manner as the science stream students do; I am sure Commerce Stream would be highly respectable. Business operations are becoming complex day by day hence regular reading is a must. 

It is a misconception in the mind of commerce students that that much reading is not required to pass the examinations (and unfortunately it is right also). But they forget the point that these B.Com. marks they have to show whenever they go to any prospective employer for job.

Many students take the CA examiantion as if by hard labour they would pass it. To pass CA the following  things may be taken in mind : 

1. Regular Study of 6 hours (manage it by any way). 

2. Regular updation of study notes (read magazines like  Current Tax Reporter, Law Journals, ICAI Journal etc.).

3.  Analytical approach after covering a topic (why we studied the topic and what is its practical importance in the profession).

4. Group discussion with the students.(Many times purpose of making group is lost and on other issues group is found discussing). 

5. Attend seminars (students take it as time-killer).

6. Read for Learning ( Each and every subject is capable of making a unique career).

Now I raise one specific circumstance :  

Many students can score 95% plus marks in Standard XII. They should try to get admission in Sri Ram College of Commerce of Delhi. Some extra weightage is given by the college for other curricular activities also.  In that case less scored students would also have admission in the college.

An  M.Com.  of this college is better than a general CA !

It is really very interesting to note that the admission in this college is tough than admission in CA whereas CA results are more tough than the results declared by Sri Ram College of Commerce.

So in my opinion; those who cannot get admission in that college are in much better position when they clear their CPT and PCC/IPCC.   Many students score only 55-60% marks upto Standard XII because they were not aware of the career.

Now after joining CA; they can rectify their past mistakes. For those who scored 80% plus marks and still could not get success in CA; I would say you are victim of faulty education.

When you join CA profession; you enter in a whole new environment.

Enjoy it for 3 years with altogether different taste; these golden years would never come again in your lifetime.  

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: