Page no : 2

Naman (Final ca) (296 Points)
Replied 05 May 2010

@  neha gupta

i dont think there is any 25 marks rule by ICAI

plzz someone confirm

jitendra chawla (F.C.A.) (327 Points)
Replied 05 May 2010

i dont think you should waste your 3 -4 hours .

Replied 05 May 2010

every minute is imp. ,you can trust me as i am a teacher ,and i dnt suggest my students to do so

Replied 05 May 2010

NO RULE OF 25 MARKS

ahana (student) (63 Points)
Replied 05 May 2010

jitendra sir, u mean to say i shud not waste my time going n giving the xam wen i havent studyd for it rite??

i decided not to give audit... due to which claiming an xemption is not possible... so my dad adviced me not to give the other two too... as the tension of not having studied was affecting my current study....

sp finally i have opted out of the 2nd group

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 05 May 2010

congrats ahana for wasting 6 months 

iam not taunting but u lost the spirit now 

be prepared next time :)

all the best

Replied 05 May 2010

ravi bhaiya... i was sure that i will not clear....i guess u r rite i wasted 6 months... bt i wasnt able to handle it... m nt 1 of dos hu will give up... n m a hard worker too.. never depending on luck... it just did not work out this time... i am regretting it.. bt wats done is done nw... need to move forward... dnt u think so???

(Guest)

@ Ahana And Ravi,

Who said that Ahana will be wasting 6months by not writing group 2 of IPCC??

It’s a wrong notion. As per regulations governing IPCC, a student can start article ship after clearing group1 and can write Final exam after expiry of 2.5yrs of article ship.

Suppose a student clears group 1 of IPCC by Aug’10(result date). He / she will be starting articles max. By September ’10. So from Sept’10, 2.5yrs expires in Feb’2013 and the final exam will be in May 2013. So there is no problem if group2 is not cleared. It can be written in Nov’10 but still Final exam will be as per schedule i.emay2013. If a candidate clears both groups in May’10 itself, well and good. There will be absolutely no wastage of months BUT he/she should clear group 1 in May’10. If that is not done, then only there will be wastage of 6months.

In my opinion, Ahana has taken right decision to write only group1 because of following reasons:-

1-      Preparation is not good for group2. What she will do by sitting over there and debiting tension to her peace of mind?

2-      Even if group2 is cleared with half baked knowledge. Who will compensate the trust which a society has on CA’s? CA ‘s  are treated as an expert in society. Everyone thinks we are thinking server. How can that trust be achieved by doing half baked preparation? What is the use of simply passing or even getting a rank, when someone is not aware of basics and intricate matters?

3-      If she is writing group2, there are chances that tension will affect her preparation of group1. Group1 is required to be cleared with good knowledge as said above.

Since Ahana has done a mistake this time, never mind but try not to repeat again.  Prepare well for group1 and clear it with good knowledge. Be cheerful and write well.

A kind request to everyone, take above reasons in a professional attitude. Don’t think that I am pulling anyone down. Those reasons are some harsh facts but a reality. I am sorry, if anybody is hurt.

Best wishes to everyone for better performance in exams. Keep on learning…………

Replied 06 May 2010

i think your decision is right for audit only.

Replied 06 May 2010

no i am suggesting because your main group is 1st group and if you are not well prep. you should not try for exemp.if other 3 papers of 1st group also due in next few days .

Replied 06 May 2010

thanx ppl....for all ur kind replies... n yes i havent wasted 6 months... m in IPCC :P

n jitendra sir i opted out of the 2nd group coz first i was planning for exmption in IT SM(i knw its odd.) bt as audit came in btween law...i had to opt out of audit as did nt waant to compromise on law... n if i dnt give 1 paper no exption can b claimed.. so der is no use giving the other 2... instead i can start preparing for the 2nd group  by 16-17th or so for the november attempt... substantial will b over till the result comes... n god forbid if i am not able to clear the frst group, then i'll have time to prepare for that again.. n if i do.. then the portion of the 2nd goup pending to b read will b small enuf to b read wid articleship...as i doubt that any CA will give 2 months for prep rite after joining

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 06 May 2010

hmmmm FAIZ  u are right

hey dont be sorry iam not hurt

thanx for correcting me

but still since she have to sit for 2nd group after six months i said in this referane

although no effect on final attempt

i suggested as i thought after giving both groups and being free wid ipcc she could have organised these months towards finals instead of ipcc

i have seen many students giving up just because of fear at lst moment

i want to again quote one superior example of us-russia war

during the war on sea both russia and us soldiers were firing on each other though there is lack of ammunities( tank bombs as they were on sea)

when russia left with one bomb they thought it is impossible to win now as our bombs have been finished

so they raised white flag and war stopped and US won

later on to the RUSSIA's surprise US head of military said " we were also left with one Bomb but we decided NOT TO GIVE UP AND FIGHT TILL THE LAST BREATH IN OUR BODY"

THIS IS WAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT

think friend in the middle of the examination she is on caclub asking for leving the exams

it is easy to say Ahana u are right leave them

but difficult to motivate her to at least sit in the examination

there is no certainity of ca results

and also there is no harm to sit in 2nd group since it comes after 1st group

one should at least try .....

Replied 06 May 2010

m in ipcc the 2nd group dsnt cum after the 1st 1... it was in the middle... audit was b4 law..  audit is of 2nd group n law of the 1st.... m nt 1 of those hu gives up this easily.... i have frnds hu had not filled up the form only saying k they wnt pass... i had the guts to fill up the form atleast.... n try till the end... 1st group ka hi course complete nai kar payi main...... this way u ppl are demotivating me even more...making me fel guilty ...its over now.... its 2.15... d xam was at 2.. n sitting in my pj's in my room... its over...  

Replied 06 May 2010

i also have sum frnds hu filed u the form of just 1st group...did not give the bcom fy xam ...can u imagine 1st year...n den chickened out of the CA xam too... now thats wat i call "waste"....

Replied 06 May 2010

n m nt regretting wat i did...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: