EASYOFFICE

No theory question ?

Page no : 2

Ritesh (CA Final) (326 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

ICAI intention seems to be good but the timing of announcement is just not perfect.....It should have been way earlier...

Moreover,Institute is saying that they wud ask Practical oriented questions keeping in mind the importance of Articleship but such sort of questions should be asked only if all articles are getting the required Training.....But thats not happening.....Some are getting to learn variety of things but others are just stuck up with same things all throughout their Practical Training........

First of all, there needs to be some sort of  mechanism in place where ICAI can evaluate on periodic basis as to whether an Article is progressing well........

I believe each Article has an equal right to get the quality Training.....It shouldn't come down to Luck factor where one gets lucky to learn a lot whereas others are not as lucky....

Sarfraz (Assitant Manager Audit)   (26 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Guys!!! please don't bother about all these things.

What if Institute had not sent any notification and only practical questions were asked in theory papers.Would you have raised this question after writing November 2009 exams? Would Institute give bonus marks for changing pattern? They have the right to ask any question in any format out of syllabus prescribed. You all know students do not have any say... thats is why a student is a student till he qualifies.

So concentrate on studies......

Best of Luck!!!!!

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Sarfaz,,, its ICAI,... its their moral responsibility to notify their student abt any change or step they take.. Hw can u assume they r not goin to inform us this thing.. it matters a lot...

Just imagine, rather than asking a thoery Qs of 10 marks in SM/AUDIT/LAW..., they ask just case studies... So, it does matter brother...

And as per notificaiton... its not abt "PRACTICAL QUESTIONS"... bt abt PRACTICAL ASPECTS, i.e practical applicability of various issues...

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

And as such practical subjects like TAX/ACCOUNTS can b 100% practical oriented, so theres no need to ask abt the same.

What i really dnt lik abt ICAI is that they never clarify abt the notifications,.. I mean, students often complaint abt clarity or completeness of messages or notifications issued by ICAI....

Moreover,, its not lik that theory will completely be removed.... I mean, atleast TRUE/FALSE of 10-20 marks or certain Qs on PURE THEORY m expecting institute to ask...

CA LOVELY ARORA (C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate)   (2151 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Originally posted by :Tushar Lakhanpal
" yar it is very bad...
i dont have 2 much experience of articleship
i have learned in taxation area only
my ca doesn;t involve any article in audits etc
NOw will it be difficult attempting such questions???
"

yes, this problem is with every article clerk.

C.A. Institute should do something to curb the behaviour done by Members with articles.

Articles are in real need.

R!tu Ber! (Chartered Accountant) (405 Points)
Replied 07 October 2009

can u mail me the notifaication or the link for pcc nov09

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro