Nifty linked debentures

TVVS Swamy (Accountant) (44 Points)

23 September 2012  
Hi, For the Financial Year 2011-12, I have a Long Term Capital Gain from sale of Nifty Linked Debentures. I also have Short Term Capital Loss from sale of Equity shares. Can the Long Term Capital Gain from the sale of Nifty Linked Debentures be set off against the Short Term Capital Loss from sale of equity shares?

Read more at: /forum/m-sale-long-term-capital-gain-froof-nifty-linked-debentures-210864.asp#.UF7cnlGB3J7
Hi, For the Financial Year 2011-12, I have a Long Term Capital Gain from sale of Nifty Linked Debentures. I also have Short Term Capital Loss from sale of Equity shares. Can the Long Term Capital Gain from the sale of Nifty Linked Debentures be set off against the Short Term Capital Loss from sale of equity shares?

Read more at: /forum/m-sale-long-term-capital-gain-froof-nifty-linked-debentures-210864.asp#.UF7cnlGB3J7
Can the Long Term Capital Gain from the sale of Nifty Linked Debentures be set off against the Short Term Capital Loss from sale of equity shares?

Read more at: /forum/m-sale-long-term-capital-gain-froof-nifty-linked-debentures-210864.asp#.UF7dWVGB3J7
Can the Long Term Capital Gain from the sale of Nifty Linked Debentures be set off against the Short Term Capital Loss from sale of equity shares?

Read more at: /forum/m-sale-long-term-capital-gain-froof-nifty-linked-debentures-210864.asp#.UF7dWVGB3J7

For the F.Y. 2011-12 , i have a long term capital gain from sale of Nifty Linked Debentures and i have short term loss from equity shares.

Can the long term capital gain from sale of Nifty Linked debentures be set off against the last year and this F.Y year short term capital loss from equity shares?

Can the long term capital gain from sale of Nifty Linked debentures be set off against the last year and this F.Y year Long term capital loss from equity shares?

Please kindly guidance for tax audit