Easy Office
Easy Office

New business codes

Page no : 13

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (171213 Points)
Replied 23 February 2019

ITR1

Rishi (Others) (353 Points)
Replied 23 February 2019

sir,  you mean, we can fill 96000/- in ifos in itr-1 without any 16a or 16. deduction.

1 Like

Replied 23 February 2019

Yes, at least in this case there is no other alternative.

1 Like

Rishi (Others) (353 Points)
Replied 23 February 2019

thanks so much sir, u cleared everything.yes

1 Like

Bibin Babu (B.Com) (27 Points)
Replied 27 February 2019

Business code 21008 is cover under section 44AD or not?

Replied 27 February 2019

Bluntly NO. Its generalized code; cannot specify exact nature of service/s.

1 Like

SMSES India (11 Points)
Replied 07 March 2019

Hello

While Filing returns till AY 17-18, we used the code "0505-Contractors-Others" But now since the codes have changed we want to know what is the new code for Contractors?

Our nature of business is we get contracts related to online activities (such as data entry) and we execute them

We also want to ascertain if the chosen code falls under 44AD as last year, we used 0505 and did not have any problem

SMSES India (11 Points)
Replied 07 March 2019

Dhirajlal Rambhia  Sir

You are doing a great job in helping assesses. Pl help in my post above and below -- Both our assesses have filed last year with Section 44AD and need a new business code now.

Assesse 2: Deals with Computer and Server Maintenance Activity. Need to know Business Code and if the same falls under Section 44AD 

Replied 07 March 2019

This is very common problem for all the professional services covered under sec. 44AA, whether carried over by professionals or any non technical persons as business, (specifically after introduction of section 44ADA).

ITD has categorized these codes based on professional services, leaving any chance for businessman. So, only way out for them is to file return under normal assessment. Though ICAI has raised some queries in this directions, but ITD has not yet acted upon it.  .......... So, till the issue is settled, none would be able to help you.

Selection of business code is not based on sec. 44AD or sec. 44ADA applicability, but based on activity carried by you. So, any wrong selection of code may drag you to misreporting!!

2 Like

SMSES India (11 Points)
Replied 07 March 2019

Sir,

The assesse is involved in the following functions

"Server Leasing and Monitoring and Providing to the same to 3rd parties for use" - He is not a professional but a business person who maintains multiple servers. 

Can he choose the business code 14008 to avail Section 44AD?

SMSES India (11 Points)
Replied 07 March 2019

The reason I am asking this question is because of a communication 139(9) from CPC which mentions

"As seen from the return of income filed, the nature of business code mentioned is which falls in the categories mentioned above. Hence, the provisions of Sec.44AD are not applicable, in your case."

The code that was chose earlier was 14002 (as were unclear of the type of business) but now that there is clarity we want to reconfirm before refiling the ITR

Replied 07 March 2019

This is the common defect massage received by all those who opted presumptive assessment u/s. 44AD, having professional service activity. Department has not categorized any codes for 44AD and 44ADA separately. Only customer care can help to clarify on the issue.

SMSES India (11 Points)
Replied 08 March 2019

Thank you Sir 

So in your opinion if my client has a business involving Server Leasing, Server Maintenance then would you say, my client is a professional and cannot opt for 44AD?

Dilip Jain (2 Points)
Replied 08 March 2019

Hello Sir, Can you please let me know the 'Business Code' to be used in case of 'Money Lending Business'? I am an individual doing money lending activities by taking money lending license. 

My gross receipt is around 4L, income from salary, income from sale of mutual fund... can I file ITR4?

Thanks in Advance, Sir :)

Replied 08 March 2019

@ Dilip Jain ...

There are different codes like 13003,13004,13005,13006,13010 etc. for finance and leasing activities. You can choose most suitable to your parameters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: