Need clarification or logic behind the net journal entries of this financial transactions

Sohom (I am a Student) (21 Points)

26 June 2024  

These are the couple of financial transactions:

1. 5th of April, 2022: Bought 100 Shares in Bharat Ltd. @ Rs.15 per share, brokerage paid Rs.30

2. 18th of April, 2022: Sold 40 Shares in Bharat Ltd. @ Rs.18 per share, brokerage paid Rs.15

I am having query relating to the Journal entries for recording the above financial transactions. I have shared the Journal entries on my personal observation of these two financial transaction below and I will be glad if the fellow members of this community can review them and provide suggestions if there is anything wrong.

Other than this, I have been facing some issues with understanding the logic behind the Journal entry given in the book to record the 2nd transaction that's been shared above.  Although, I have shared the Journal entry based on my personal observation of the transaction below and along with it I have also shared the answer that's been given in the book for recording the 2nd financial transaction.

I will highly appreciate, if anybody can help me understand the logic or possibly provide the detailed Journal entries that's been passed for arriving at the net Journal entry shared in the book as an answer to record the 2nd financial transaction.

Financial transaction No.1: 5th of April, 2022: Bought 100 Shres in Bharat Ltd. @ Rs.15 per share, brokerage paid Rs.30

Journal entry: (as per my personal observance)

Investment A/c... Dr.            Rs.1,530

To Bank A/c                        Rs.1,530

Note: Here, the amount of Brokerage paid being capitalised is clearly understandable.

Financial transaction No.2: 18th of April, 2022: Sold 40 Shares in Bharat Ltd. @   Rs.18 per share, brokerage paid Rs.15

Journal entry: (as per my observation)

Bank A/c... Dr.                                         Rs.705

Brokerage A/c... Dr.                                   Rs.15

To Investment A/c (40 Shares x Rs.15)        Rs.600

To Profit on Sale of Investment A/c               Rs.120

However the Journal entry given in the Book as an answer to record this particular financial transaction says different. It says:

Bank A/c... Dr.                  Rs.705

To Investment A/c            Rs.705

Can anyone explain how the Book arrived at this Journal entry?