My horrible articleship experience

Rohan Dave (Article assistant) (26 Points)

17 September 2018  

My articleship experience was a horrible one From a midsize firm in the city of mumbai.

My CA was very strict ..but he was very good follower of discipline

I had found the firm on my own…so cannot waste my precious time on transfer /formalities.During past 2.5years,I was feeling so heavy to work as an article here:

(1)Our office timings were -8am to 8pm

(2)I and my senior article had a typical uniform prescribed by sir-

(1)Grey colour half sleeve shirt and grey pant on mon -wed

(2)orchid yellow half sleeveshirt and black pant thur-sat.

(3)We had to follow these grooming standards during our articleship.

(4)Our Day used to start at sharp 8am ….I was instructed by my CA to clean the office before he arrives at 10 in the morning.

(5)My senior article used to arrange all the files and clean the shelves.

(6)Other office employees were supposed to do high level work such as filing returns,tax ,etx

(7)Once My CA arrives,I have to recieve him,Carry his bag and files and assist him to the office.

(8)Then I had to do accounting work such as vouching,visiting clients,etc

(9)During evening hours ,I was instructed to serve tea/coffee to all the employees…I felt inferior while doing so…but my dream of CA stopped me from saying no.

(10)My CA used to take me in big towers to visit clients in the city.He made me carry all his stuff…as I was an article.

(11)I was very frustrated as One day he told me and my senior article to do his personal work of washing his car,as he was in a hurry in the morning to attend his relative’s marriage.

(12)We were given gst,filing work in the last years ..but It was accompanied by other personal work like helping Sir pay his electric bills,purchase grocery for him

(13)I think I have wasted my 2.5years here.I was just made to do some accounting work

(14)My CA sir ,Once as his wife was out of town,Told me to clean his house after office hours.