LCI Learning

MY Final new course experience

Page no : 2

$rik@nth (student) (222 Points)
Replied 06 September 2009

congratulations

Vibhu (CA) (59 Points)
Replied 07 September 2009

Many-2 congrats to u. Dis Final(NEW COURSE) experience topic is sufficient to tell that either u r doing CIMA or have passed CIMA because it is looks lyk a post-exam guide(PEG) by 1 of those rocking CIMA guys :). U gave the TOPCIMA's may (DIZZ) attempt or preparing for Nov-09 exam??

Vibhu (CA) (59 Points)

One more thing that every one will lyk to know here is :

What motivated you to chose New Syllabus in June? Any special reason?

Congrats and have a great career ahead.........God Bless you!!!!!!!!!

Srikant Parthasarathy (CA) (153 Points)

Originally posted by :Vibhu
" Many-2 congrats to u. Dis Final(NEW COURSE) experience topic is sufficient to tell that either u r doing CIMA or have passed CIMA because it is looks lyk a post-exam guide(PEG) by 1 of those rocking CIMA guys :). U gave the TOPCIMA's may (DIZZ) attempt or preparing for Nov-09 exam?? "

:) I did sound like the PEG.... Topped the Strategic from India... Indeed CIMA Rocks... It Made CA final feel like a Cakewalk.......... TOPCIMA this november( V Outsourcing) ........ To your question " What Motivated me towards Final New course?"  Well ! I found the Topics much aligned with CIMA .... be it Investment Appraisal (P2) , Pert CPM(P5) , Consolidation (P8), IFRS(P7),  Financial Strategy (P9), Audit (P3) ............. believe it or not.... Advanced management Accounting is actually a straight pick from P2 ............ If ICAI is smart..... we are smarter.... What say? 

Vibhu (CA) (59 Points)

So, r u studying the kaplan or BPP or elsevier book for dis TOPCIMA attempt??

Originally posted by :Srikant Parthasarathy

"

"
Many-2 congrats to u. Dis Final(NEW COURSE) experience topic is sufficient to tell that either u r doing CIMA or have passed CIMA because it is looks lyk a post-exam guide(PEG) by 1 of those rocking CIMA guys :). U gave the TOPCIMA's may (DIZZ) attempt or preparing for Nov-09 exam??
"

:) I did sound like the PEG.... Topped the Strategic from India... Indeed CIMA Rocks... It Made CA final feel like a Cakewalk.......... TOPCIMA this november( V Outsourcing) ........ To your question " What Motivated me towards Final New course?"  Well ! I found the Topics much aligned with CIMA .... be it Investment Appraisal (P2) , Pert CPM(P5) , Consolidation (P8), IFRS(P7),  Financial Strategy (P9), Audit (P3) ............. believe it or not.... Advanced management Accounting is actually a straight pick from P2 ............ If ICAI is smart..... we are smarter.... What say? 
"

Vibhu (CA) (59 Points)

Yah rytly said, "Advanced management Accounting is actually a straight pick from P2."

Btw, P 5, 7,8 of CIMA are exempt for ICAI CA members/pass-outs? Surely, P 5,7,8 are exempt

for ACCA(UK) pass-outs...................

"

"
"

"

I think the Managerial Level exemptions set in only after you are a qualified CA..... Are you a CIMA Finalist too?

Vibhu (CA) (59 Points)
Replied 10 September 2009

Cleared the TOPCIMA (Dizz) may,2009 attempt............Good luck for yr exam!!!!

" I think the Managerial Level exemptions set in only after you are a qualified CA..... Are you a CIMA Finalist too? "

rajiv bhasin (Self Employed) (109 Points)
Replied 15 September 2009

Guys go get a life.

Believe me it is really a cakewalk to clear final in new syllabus...All you need is focus and start at the rite time....rest is all crap....I tell you if you need to score a rank all u need is a strategy....Accountancy / strategic financial management / cost / law / IDT are the sitter paper which will land u at the top...

Its nt tough..it is just the way u luk at dem.....audit and IT study as much u;ll write it of ur own......DT everybody remains in the same position no matter how long back u hav started d preparation....

For Accounts , Strategic financial management, and cost.....it matters from wer u r studying....solving 100 problems wont make u perfect rather it will make ur life more tough......

So start studying and prepare a strategy u will clear it smoothly...believe me....der is no point in listening to wot ppl are saying.....those who cleared dey start making stories.....bt let me tell you one thing....u need 2 months of full time study....2 months are enough...provided u have completed ur practicals b4....else..u need at least 3 months time........and if people say dat they cleared it in 15 days or 1 month of study den dey r making u guyz fool only.....

So keep studying and njoy ur life....dn get nervous....

Vibhu (CA) (59 Points)
Replied 15 September 2009

Btw, dis figure of 500-600 is a wild guess or u hv read it some where?
"

Originally posted by :Mayur Agarwal

"

how many students had appeared for the exam??

"

The NUmber hovers around 500-600
"

CA DEEPAK BANG (Manager - Accounts) (462 Points)
Replied 16 September 2009

hi shrikant....

thank you very much for sharing ur exams experiance.... it will help me a lot when i will prepare for my exams....

thanks once again....

" Btw, dis figure of 500-600 is a wild guess or

u hv read it some where?

"

Originally posted by :Mayur Agarwal "   how many students had appeared for the exam??   "  The NUmber hovers around 500-600

"

"

The president's message of the previous month carried that Info

Originally posted by :amit bhasin
" Guys go get a life.

Believe me it is really a cakewalk to clear final in new syllabus...All you need is focus and start at the rite time....rest is all crap....I tell you if you need to score a rank all u need is a strategy....Accountancy / strategic financial management / cost / law / IDT are the sitter paper which will land u at the top...

Its nt tough..it is just the way u luk at dem.....audit and IT study as much u;ll write it of ur own......DT everybody remains in the same position no matter how long back u hav started d preparation....

For Accounts , Strategic financial management, and cost.....it matters from wer u r studying....solving 100 problems wont make u perfect rather it will make ur life more tough......

So start studying and prepare a strategy u will clear it smoothly...believe me....der is no point in listening to wot ppl are saying.....those who cleared dey start making stories.....bt let me tell you one thing....u need 2 months of full time study....2 months are enough...provided u have completed ur practicals b4....else..u need at least 3 months time........and if people say dat they cleared it in 15 days or 1 month of study den dey r making u guyz fool only.....

So keep studying and njoy ur life....dn get nervous....
"

The strategy you were talking about can you please elucidate. 

My dear its really easy to jus throw in words like "Formulating a strategy" and  quote the number of months of study ...... but when you are in the battlefield its tough to get a grip... an onlooker can comment whatever he/she wants... ..........................................................................................................................................

I guess it exhibits sheer "arrogance" or complete "Ignorance"

rajiv bhasin (Self Employed) (109 Points)

I new this reply would come...newayz...dude....der r no harsh feelings.....i know d pain as i cleared exam.....i still stick with formulating a strategy.....

3 months means...3 months if you are starting from the scratch.....

Here I go how ...... (I repeat there is no set formula for the success....it a customized road for each and every different individual)

Start with the first group....and start with accountancy.....stick to the time slot....

14 days for accounts incl 3 days for AS.

10 days for LAW....remember this is the only paper where you can study selected topics and score easily above 60....Directors and other laws FEMA, SEBI, Sec Act, etc. would constitute 70% of the paper.....

7 days Auditing.....follow Vinod agarwal...it is more than enough.

14 days for cost....follow the study material and compiler and nothing else.....

12 days for DT....arrange notes

6 days for IT....follow institute study material only.

7 days IDT ..... follow Ajay Jain and you will score more than 60 easil here too.....

You are left with 21 days for the revision....

If you have any other mantra....follow it but stick to it and be determined.....

All the Best friends....

rucha (student) (24 Points)
Replied 17 September 2009

hey ...congrats for cracking the new course exam!!....could you please post the june 09 new course question papers... that'll be a great help!!..... you could also send it on rucha.kelkar @ gmail.com...thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: