MONEY MATTERS - 1

NAWAL BANTHIA (Trainer) (57 Points)

08 February 2008  

MONEY MATTERS – 1

UNDERSTAND YOUR MONEY BELIEFS AND WHERE THEY COME FROM

We all grow up with money myths. We get a lot of them from our parents and they way they bring us up. I can still hear my mother saying, “A penny saved is a penny found”, and to this day I still have no idea what it means. Maybe I’m lucky. My money MYTHS are based on a lot of nonsense like that. Bust most of us have the following ingrained beliefs such as:

·      Money is the root of all evil. (It is actually the love of money that is supposed to be the root of all evil but is it a belief of yours ?

·      Money is dirty

·      I don’t deserve to be rich

·      Money is only made by the greedy and dishonest

·      Money corrupts

·      You mustn’s brag about money – never say how much you earn,are worth or paid for something (unless it is a bargain)

·      You cant have money and be ‘spiritually pure’.

·      You lose your friends if u  get rich.

·      You have to work too hard to get rich

·      Happiness and money make poor bedfellows

·      The more you have, the more you will want.

·      It is somehow better to be poor.

·      I wasn’t meant be rich – If i was i would have been by now.

·      I’m not the right type to be rich.

Have a quick look through. Check which ones you believe. Check which ones strike a chord with you. Now you have to d a bit of the old fashioned hard work – Write down ones that mean something to you. Add ones i’ve missed – there will be a few. Now work out which you hold these beliefs. Is it something you have actively thought about, reasoned out, dedicated some research to ?

Or are they inherited, left over, picked up along the way?

Get  rid of any that you can question and accept are nonsense.Discard any that simply aren’t true. And chuck out any that stand in the way, hold u back, stop you maing some money.

What you should be left is none at all, nothing, a blank sheet. Now you can write these new beliefs such as:

ü Money is OK.

ü Wanting money is OK.

ü I am going to be wealthy

ü I am prepared to put in the work

Wealthy people have none of the troublesome money myths we poorer people have. They have purged them or never had them. If we too purge them, we stand a better chance of getting there .:)