Mismatch with form 16 notice. proposed adjustment

Malhar Deshpande (212 Points)

29 July 2017  

Dear Sir/Madam

I received the above notice. I am a pensioner and get pension through nationalized bank. As a pensioner we never give or bank never ask us any investment proof. They just deduct tds if pension goes above limit and they give tds certificate as form 16.  In nov 16 I got some pension arrears on which bank deducted tds and same has been reflected in form  26as and 16. Only amount of arrears and tds is mentioned in both the forms. Now when I filed return,  I shown total pension for the year including arrears under head salary for which separate pension certificate is given by bank. I shown fd int. saving bank accounts interest under head OS. I shown PPF investment in 80c.all these info about ppf investment, OS income total pension for year is not there in form 16. 

Now while giving response what docs I have to upload for ppf investment, deduction under 80TTA, what TAN no. of deductor should I mention. For head OS what docs to upload for interest on saving bank account bonus amount received from post office MIS maturity. 

I will be very much grateful to you if you give me advice.