Minutes book in loose leaves

ArchAngel (Corporate Affairs Enthusiast)   (118 Points)

15 December 2011  

Dear Experts,

It is almost 5 years since our Pvt Ltd, company is incorporated.

We have been performing regular board meetings and the keeping minutes professionally drafted in loose leaves and kept that in professional binder.

The entire minutes are drafted  by our company secretary(who is well experienced).

When I checked the rules about maintaining the minutes in loose leafs, I saw that the pages should be serially numbered.

On the minutes book, we print the minutes after drafting it in the computer, on both the sides of the paper

We have around 25 meetings held, and there are around 65 pages for all these minutes together. We keep the serial numbering on the top of the page.

What I noticed is that, the numbering is actually missing in every starting page of the minutes. That means it is missing in 25 pages, as like in regular english books, the pages won't be numbered in the beginning of each chapter. 

The reverse side of the page, anyway is numbered properly, adding the missing count.

so the page numbering is as follows.

starting of 1st minute page(no number),2, starting of second minute(no number), 4,5 etc

I hope I am able to explain my problem. 

Now is it fine to keep the minutes numbering such a way? Will there be any legal hurdles? When I asked that to my CS, he said it is all ok and generally minutes are numbered like that only. Is it?

Except the signature of the chairman, everything else, including the numbers are computer printed.

So I am not sure, whether it is fine now to fill in the numbers in the missing pages at this point of time with pen.

My concern is that, will it affect the validity of the proceeding of the meetings?

Please let me know your views.

Thanks, 

ArchAngel.