Memories

When I was a kid,
My dad dropped me to school,
And, wiped my tears
That I shed while departing from him…

The chocolate that I got
After scoring cent percent score
And, I remember
How I always wanted more.

I remember how I fought
With other kids,
To prove my dad, and not theirs
Is the best,

The only time when tension occurred was exams
And cramps while results
It was that time when I licked Ice-cream
And it was tough to finish it before it melted…

Now, when I earn
I miss that 1 rupee coin which I got daily
Even in the car that picks me for office
I miss my bicycle that I used to ride and got scars

Now, when I can purchase things I want
I yearn for the Barbie doll I loved
When I catch music on MTV
I do miss those Sunday programmes that made me more content then DVD

When my mother used to feed me with her hands
And, when I could not sleep without listening to a story…
And, now eating pizzas and burgers
And listening to Britney too does not add to that glory…

The period was golden
And fun was endless…
But, you can't take away beautiful memories
You can try more or less

Parents are the best and the same
In highs and low
The only people who remain with us
From birth till late.

Replies (3)

really nice

Hiiii Yaadein. Prakash Ji Kya baat hai. Bachpan Yaad dila diya aapna to...Thank you For sharing...

good

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details