EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Meaning of this message from Income Tax??

Page no : 2

Vivek Singh (6 Points)
Replied 20 July 2017

What we have to do..?

PRaju (Business) (2 Points)
Replied 20 July 2017

What needs to be done here?

----------------------------------

Dear Taxpayer,

Greetings from Income-Tax Department!

It is seen from your 26AS statement that there are TDS deductions on payments received by you during F.Y. 2016-17.

Therefore, it is advised that you may ascertain your tax liability for AY 2017-18 and file your Income Tax Return (ITR) by due date. If your case in not auditable, your due date for filing of your Income Tax Return will be 31st July, 2017.

Please also link your PAN with Aadhaar on the e-filing website. If your mobile is linked with Aadhaar, then you can e-verify your ITR using Aadhaar OTP. E-verification is easy and is also possible through netbanking, Bank account validation, Bank ATM or Demat account validation. No need to send ITR-V to CPC Bangalore if you e-verify.

In case you require any assistance in knowing about due dates of filing, ITR Form Number or procedure for filing of Income Tax Return, please visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) or call on 1800 4250 0025.

Kushal Pande (CFO) (256 Points)
Replied 20 July 2017

Originally posted by : AJAY KUMAR
i got this message from Income Tax in my Mobile-

Your 26AS Statement for FY16-17 shows income receipts without TDS. Please ascertain your tax liability & file IT Return by due date (31 July 2017, if not auditable).

Originally posted by : Vivek Singh
Your 26AS Statement for FY16-17 shows income receipts without TDS. Please ascertain your liability & file IT Return in time (by 31 July 2017, if not auditable)...I also got the same ...what does it mean..?

Originally posted by : Vivek Singh
What we have to do..?

Seems these are just scaremongering tactics to coerce us into filing return and also further the aadhaar linking campaign.

Check if total income < 2.5 lacs, then net tax liability = 0

Therefore tax liability is "ascertained" to be ZERO / NIL, so no obligation to file ITR !!

Someone correct me if my understanding is wrong.

sahil thakur (4 Points)
Replied 21 July 2017

@ RAJA 

Thank You .. i was worried  :)

Vijendran R (SR AUDIT OFFICER (Retd))   (44 Points)
Replied 21 July 2017

If you are an Individual, and gross total income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs [or  less than Rs. 3 lakhs incase of a Sr. Citizen(60 years as on 1st April of the Financial Year)  and also less than Rs, 5 lakhs in the case of Super Senior Citizens of 80 years and above]  no need to file return of income, unless you have tax deducted at source and to get refund from the department.  This message is a caution to verify form 26AS and confirm whether any other income and tds other than what we have in mind appears there and to ensure the total income is less than the income requiring to file the tax return as indicated above.  Even in cases, where the income is more than the income indicated above and it is necessary to file return of income, it is necessary to verify the details availble in 26AS and to file return accordingly.  In case any unrelated entry appears in FORM 26AS, we may have to take it with the department for corrective action.

Neethi V. Kannanth (.) (19020 Points)
Replied 20 January 2021

If the TDS has been deducted and your income is below 2.5L i.e. within basic exemption limit, file the return to get refund of taxes. If your income exceeds basic exemption limit file your returns and pay the taxes. If no TDS is deducted and income is below basic exemption limit no requirement to file returns.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: