Easy Office
LCI Learning

MBA or CA

Page no : 2

Jeet Biswas (ACMA (in Service)) (5073 Points)
Replied 02 July 2011

22 is definitely not too late. It helps if u start early but then, so many who start early do not manage to pass it quick !! So age is not a sure shot logic of success in CA.

If CA is something u dream of, i wud suggest to stick to it coz otherwise the fact that u gave up even without starting the same, will haunt you forever.

Be confident & believe in urself. God will help you for sure.

1 Like

Jeet Biswas (ACMA (in Service)) (5073 Points)
Replied 02 July 2011

As you have more than 55% marks in BCom, you shall be exempt from appearing for CPT. provided the proposal is approved by GOI.

1 Like

Vikash Maheshwari (learner) (6358 Points)
Replied 02 July 2011

hey rajiv..i can understand ur situation........and m going to give u very honest advice..i hope u take it in d right spirit...........

first and foremost....having a ca degree or an mba degree or as a matter of fact having both of them will not assure u sky high salary.......degrees can only help u to enter the interview room....u put ur degrees on d table and then it's all knwledge.......not all successful ppl r CA or MBAs nor all CAs or MBAs r successful.........be best in wat evr u do......

most of the guys have adviced u to continue wid ca.....but i dont....i sincerely suggest u not to continue......it's not that u cant do it.......m sure u will....but passing cpt in 4 attempts......pcc will take 3-4..and i cant evn predict abt finals.........evn if u manage to crack it.wats d point???ek baat hamesha yaad rakhna......har cheez timely ho ,toh hi acchi lagti hai............by the tym, if and all ,u manage to clear ca....u wud have lost many things.....tym,self-confidence and much more........

so in my opinion.......start working wid wat evr degree u have...coz in d end exp counts.......not degrees......at d same tym,do some diploma course like may b banking & finannce,nse certificate,etc............be updated abt happenings around d world,esp business news..read ET...follow stock mkt........these r small things but will help u attain much more knwledge than the bookish knwledge...........and most important of all.....develop communication skills....speak in english when evr u get chance.......u wud not learn these in ca..u urself have to make an effort...........be a gud listener.....develop leadership qualities......and make frnds when evr u get an opportunity..........u can learn so much frm them...........

m sorry if i went over-board wid my advice.......but i seriously mean it.............my best wishes r always wid u ............and feel free to contact me if i cud b of any help............take care.........

1 Like

Rajeev Ratna (BCOM CPT) (79 Points)
Replied 02 July 2011

thanks everyone....

Vivek Gaur (CA Final) (346 Points)
Replied 02 July 2011

Dear Vikas Maheshwari,

This is the most absurd advice i've ever came across. Can't even imagine a ca student advising like you are. I know a person who started CA at 28, completed at 32, was AIR 1, and now director (finance) at Nestle (Global) at 40. Thank god he didn't had any such advisor.  People like you make it difficult for others to even contest.

3 Like

Replied 02 July 2011

I am also 27 and pursuing CA Final & CS Executive. Wherever i go, i am so overwhelmed by CAs with support & praise that i feel really proud to even pursue this course.

Highly condemnable attitude. Grow up.

2 Like

ca cs shriyans jain (AUDIT MANAGER C.A C.S)   (7168 Points)
Replied 03 July 2011

Vikas sir, that was really a demotivating, suggestion.

VJ (Student) (56 Points)
Replied 03 July 2011

what Vikash said is actually correct, and btw that person who entered at the age of 28 would not have taken 5 attempts to do just CPT :P. Its just that some people are not meant for a thing, nothing like they are not capable, but its better to try something which they could do more passionately!

Also its better to realise that something is not meant to be for a person and MOVE ON, instead of wasting time over it(opportunity cost).

1 Like

Rajeev Ratna (BCOM CPT) (79 Points)
Replied 03 July 2011

thanks for all advices but now i have decided to go for CA only and i will become CA....

2 Like

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 03 July 2011

Originally posted by : Rajeev Ratna

thanks for all advices but now i have decided to go for CA only and i will become CA....

Thats the spirit boy,Chak de phatte...All the best in all your future endeavours...

1 Like

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 03 July 2011

Originally posted by : Vivek Gaur
Dear Vikas Maheshwari,

This is the most absurd advice i've ever came across. Can't even imagine a ca student advising like you are. I know a person who started CA at 28, completed at 32, was AIR 1, and now director (finance) at Nestle (Global) at 40. Thank god he didn't had any such advisor.  People like you make it difficult for others to even contest.

I dont think it is an absurd advice. He just gave the other side of the story. It does not mean that one cant be successful by clearing CA at 35 or 40 with multiple attempts. There are many such people. But I have also seen people who wasted their entire life 4 this course. So it depends upon that particular person. If one is really confident of becoming a CA & having a successful career, then nobody can stop him. Its all about Self Confidence.

@ Rajeev

Believe in urself & be determined to achieve ur dreams. If u do that, I am sure u will be a CA soon. Wish u all d best.

1 Like

Replied 04 July 2011

I really believe that a person who's already pursuing CA is not looking for advice as he already knows what he is doing. All he is looking for is support because he is slightly demotivated and want some kind words & support.

This happens to people best in business, at times. I am sure every single one of us has experienced it atleast few times. All you need is someone to tell you that you can do it. Thats it.

Whenever somebody turns to you in a demotivated state, please remember the time when you were in doubt and disbelief. 

Be considerate rather than being black & white.

Rajeev, my boy, i've experience of 5 yrs in banking sales & believe me when i say that studying is the easiest task in this world. You have no idea what you have to go through in professional life. Things get so out of hand that you lose track of everything.

Padhai karo aur paas ho jao. What can be easier than that!!!!

Go for it...Best of luck :-)

1 Like

pratik (=) (133 Points)
Replied 09 July 2011

hello frd i am face some problem like rajiv problem iam passed b.com 2010 from mumbai university and i got 70% and after my b.com i am apply for cpt and mba cet but i am fail in 2 attempt  in cpt and i am passed mba cet and now i am doing mba in mumbai frd is it possible ipcc with mba

Rajesh (STUDENT) (21 Points)
Replied 23 September 2011

HI EVERYONE,i have done my graduation b.com(insurance) from loyola academy presently working with one of the insurance broking salary was good only but i want to study more AND I DNT NEED OF JOB NOW but problem for me is i need to marry after 2yrs its compulsory if start doing ca it takes much time and if i thinks about mba i feel that doing here with local colleges its waste and my b.com is from loyola and i am very good at accounting and law plzzzzzzz suggest me i am in confusion my parents were not happy now that i am doing job ....................

PLEASE TELL WHAT NEXT IS BEST FOR ME ???????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro