Marginal Costing - Doubt ?????

Krish (CA Final ) (3331 Points)

05 August 2010  

I am not being able to find the "C" Point. After all effort i couldn't find the answer i.e. 800 Tickets. Please help me out. If any one know the procedure how to solve. Even hint to solve will also be helpful for me.

Q) ABC Ltd is planning a concert in a remote village in India. The following costs have been

estimated,

Rs.

Rent of premises                                                                    1,300

Advertising                                                                              1,000

Printing of tickets                                                                    250

Ticket sellers , security                                                           400

Wages of ABC Ltd personnel employed at the concert         600

Fee to artist                                                                             1,000

There are no variable costs of staging the concert. The company is considering a selling price for tickets at either Rs. 4 or Rs. 5 each.

Required:

(a) Calculate the number of tickets that must be sold at each price in order to breakeven.

(b) Recalculate, the number of tickets which must be sold at each price in order to breakeven, if the artist agrees to change from a fixed fee of Rs. 1,000 to a fee equal to 25% of the gross sales proceeds.

(c) Calculate the level of ticket sales, for each price, at which the company would be indifferent as between the fixed and percentage fee alternatives. ??????????

Answers to Numerical Question.

2. (a) At price of Rs. 4 BES = 1,138 tickets

At price of Rs. 5 BES = 910 tickets.

(b) At price of Rs. 4 BES = 1,183 tickets

At price of Rs. 5 BES = 947 tickets.

(c) 800 tickets.