Easy Office
LCI Learning

Mandatory Filing of Form 10IE

Page no : 2

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant) (717 Points)
Replied 23 August 2021

@ Don Titanic Yes. As on date, there is no need to additionally fill form 10-IE in case of ITR1 and ITR2.

CA Vanamala Phani Kumar (Proprietor of M/s Vanamala and Co)   (972 Points)
Replied 23 August 2021

Originally posted by : Ramachandran S
@ Don Titanic Yes. As on date, there is no need to additionally fill form 10-IE in case of ITR1 and ITR2.

Is there any notification??

Replied 23 August 2021

@ CA Vanamala There is no notification. But portal has been designed like that. Law does not compel you to to something which is not possible.

Shishir Gupta (24 Points)
Replied 23 August 2021

Unable to file form 10IE, error shows no response from received from server

Replied 23 August 2021

@ Shishir Gupta Right from 10 June 2021, I am unable to file Form 10-IE and raised multiple grievances still pending.

Shishir Gupta (24 Points)
Replied 04 September 2021

As per clause ii of sub section 5 of section 115 BAC, to exercise this option form 10IE would be file as per rule 21AG in prescribed manner,

In form 10IE if you do not have income from business/profession you need to select NO and submit the form. As there is no notification/circular regarding form 10 IE is not mandatory for ITR 1 and 2.... So we have to submit the form 10IE at the time of filing the return. if someone has not submit the form then you have to submit and revise the return.....

Don Titanic (51 Points)
Replied 04 September 2021

Even if we select NO, it asks us mandatory show the nature of business/profession....

Hence , it's designed for only ITR3 and ITR 4 filers...

Raghavendra Gopa (2 Points)
Replied 23 March 2022

I have not submitted form10IE for my ITR-2. Now I have received the demand for additional tax from IT. Kindly suggest a way forward

debora M (BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER)   (1697 Points)
Replied 24 March 2022

if you are a salaried individual with no business income, you can choose between the old and new tax regime every year. Therefore, you will have to file Form 10IE every year for opting new tax regime.

Amarjeet Singh (2 Points)
Replied 05 November 2022

sir it is mandatory for filing 10ie if company already file 10ie in previous year

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: