Management_skills

HIT ANSH (PCC STUDENT) (181 Points)

28 January 2010  

Management skills - who needs a guru?

Starting from the age of 5 till 68 we learn a lot. Enough to make you a management guru. Find out how to make the most of them...

Age 5

I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing 'Silent Night'.

Value the smaller things in life.

Age 9

I've learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing & wave back.

Positive communication can do wonders for you.

Age 12

I've learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.

Others also have an opinion & it can be better than yours.

Age 14

I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.

Your colleagues’ mood is as important as yours.

Age 16

I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me.

Be disciplined & others will follow.

Age 24

I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.

Keep shut for once atleast - it works better.

Age 30

I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Criticism can best be answered with actions & not words.

Age 44

I've learned that you can make some one's day by simply sending them a little note.

Praise other people, its contagious!

Age 46

The greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to put blame on others.

Right or wrong, take responsibility of your actions.

Age 47

I've learned that children & grandparents are natural allies.

Life takes a full circle; treat people well on your way to the top.

Age 50

I've learned that no matter how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

You are not indispensable.

Age 54

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles: a rainy day, lost luggage & tangled Christmas tree lights.

Find solutions, at least try.

Age 58

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.

Value your family; they are your support system

Age 60

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.

Take time out for yourself.

Age 62

I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, work to improve your marriage.

Work on relationships the way you work for increments.

Age 64

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.

Be human!

Age 68

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

Be open to learning, otherwise you'll be redundant!