EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Ltcg on property

Page no : 2

piyush (student) (25 Points)
Replied 28 October 2013

In the above given case ,Is provision of Sec. 51 C i.e. Stamp Duty Value is considered as Sale value consideration if act.sale consideration is less than stamp dty valu ?

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85706 Points)
Replied 28 October 2013

Dear Piyush,

Yes you are correct.  If the consideration is less than the stamp duty value, then section 50c shall become operative.

1 Like

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 28 October 2013

nice thread going yes

Saurav Nayyar (Director) (72 Points)
Replied 10 September 2014

Hi

What is it in the case of SCF(shop cum flat) property as commercial activity is allowed only on Ground floor and the First & Second floors are for residential purposes.If i sell a residential house and buy a SCF.

Is it considered as commercial property in income tax ?

Is it excempted from capitals gains?

Or is there any percentage of the property as commercial and residential?

Alpha Confidante (x) (32 Points)
Replied 11 September 2014

Originally posted by : Aryan Singhania (Pallav)

Quantum of Deduction under Section 54:

Capital Gains shall be exempt to the extent it is invested in the purchase and/or construction of another house i.e.

If the entire amount is equal to or less than the cost of the new house, then the entire capital gain shall be exempt.

If the amount of Capital Gain is greater than the cost of the new house, then the cost of the new house shall be allowed as an exemption.

Is there a limit on the number of property, that an individual can have, to avail exemption? 

Srinivas MV (Engineering Manager) (21 Points)
Replied 15 December 2015

I had two questions on the LTCG.

1. If I sell 2 sites and invest in a residential property, would the LTCG from both sites be eligible for exemption of LTCG tax? 

2. Do I get LTCG tax exemption if the LTCG amount is invested in buying a new site AND construction of the house. Or, is the exemption allowed only for the construction of the house but not for buying the site.

-Srinivas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: