Easy Office
Easy Office

Leverage of writing both Group

Page no : 3

Rekha (MANAGER - FINANCE & ACCOUNTS)   (1445 Points)
Replied 15 July 2011

It depends and varies from case to case. Study well both groups right from your enrollment, appear both groups.. hope for the best!!

and as sir said, the will to finish it in ONE SHOT... That vigour matters a lot !!

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 15 July 2011

I Strongly believe that  if you plan well at the time of enrollment and put som extra work in this regard and a strong positive will... Then... Most of the students can not only write both Group But also can complete the course at least one year before than that of present.......

Namrata (Spirutial Being) (1841 Points)
Replied 15 July 2011

I think the motivation to go for both group is to clear in aggregate and furthur that getting a RANK which is very much needed in this competitive phase

Replied 15 July 2011

If you have sufficient time for preparation then prepare for both group.. Normaly time is ticking like a rocket.... 

Replied 15 July 2011

Originally posted by : ritesh

firstly the choice very much depends on person to person....

some may find it easy in one group the may find both group manageable...

but i belive one thing is to be kept in mind is that just for the sake of giving both groups dont opt for it....

u should learn the subject n give the exam it should not be that u just "ratta" it n give....

and the positive point i see in giving one group is that if u clear it, u get an boost to keep going.... and at any given point of time cracking one group at a time is easier then cracking both groups....

pls understand your potential n then opt for a decision..... remember being  a learned CA is  important rather then just a "ratta"  CA...

thanks for reading....

1. one thing is to be kept in mind is that just for the sake of giving both groups dont opt for it....

The Articles clearly Indicate about Sufficient time for preparation and the decision must be based on Time factor. If you have no time then writing both group will be equall to committing suicide. It is clearly mentioned in the articles. Thank you for supplimenting the same fact  again 

2. learn the subject n give the exam it should not be that u just "ratta" it n give....

This is also based on sufficient time for preparation. Learn the concepts and apply the concepts in exam. This time frame will surely be differ from student to student .

CA. Nuba Subzwari (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (501 Points)
Replied 15 July 2011

I was from non commerce stream......n i decided to go grp by grp for exams......for me clearing both grps in one shop was impossible......because just after passing CPT articleship began n in my hometown there were not any experienced faculty for any subject....so for me i think my decision of going for one grp was correct........

Tony G (Vice President but looking for a different meaning to life)   (251 Points)
Replied 15 July 2011

In my view, writing both groups is good for many reasons.. First of all, writing group by group, a person is giving himself another chance invariably to become a CA. So, when that is the case, if he tries writing both, he can pass with his hardwork or luck or if both fails, nothing to loose, he has another chance. Also, exam fees are very meagre only. So, even if his preps are bad, he has a good chance of passing exams if luck is good and if he fails also, there is nothing big to loose except a few 6 months which he would have already done if he had written grp by grp. Take my case, i used to write both groups together for PCC and Final. In PCC my marks were Group 1- 170 and Group 2- 134, so set off and pass. In final my marks were, Group 1 - 210 and group 2 - 191. Again set off was available. if i had given grp by grp, i would have extended this success by another 6 months.

CA Harish Singh (CA) (401 Points)
Replied 15 July 2011

As per my view, Its better to go for single group in case of insufficient time. If u are going for Both Group then u should have exprtise knowledge of each and every subject.

Replied 15 July 2011

Originally posted by : Harish Singh

As per my view, Its better to go for single group in case of insufficient time. If u are going for Both Group then u should have exprtise knowledge of each and every subject.

Good and thorough conceptual clarity is required for every subject.....

Replied 15 July 2011

Thank you very much for all of your whole hearted support for  this topic. There are so many good input were obtained for writing Both group and individual Group..

CA Devender Chauhan (Group Financial Accountant)   (1526 Points)
Replied 16 July 2011

Originally posted by : Vijay Manwani (Vicky)

I think the best comes out only when u know that u r appearing & after exams there is nothing left. Hope these lines are being understood.

CA CMA Pratibha Bothra (all india rank 44 CMA FINALS)   (169 Points)
Replied 20 July 2011

i am in a dilemma of giving both group in may 12 or give 1st group in nov 11. my due attempt is may 12.i am taking tuitions of accounts,cost and fm right now and they will continue till  30 sept.nd theory i am doing by own.please guide me.......

Replied 20 July 2011

Originally posted by : Pratibha Bothra

i am in a dilemma of giving both group in may 12 or give 1st group in nov 11. my due attempt is may 12.i am taking tuitions of accounts,cost and fm right now and they will continue till  30 sept.nd theory i am doing by own.please guide me.......

If you can able to write one Group in this comming  November Better write it.... Never see the end result of Success or failure... Rather think to bring the best effort that will automatically leads to success.... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: