Easy Office
Easy Office

Late fee for August GSTR 3B - Cheat and Looting

Page no : 8

obeid (learner) (292 Points)
Replied 20 October 2017

You ar 101% correct to call "Cheat and Looting", It not only this its also open harrasment of small business people for no fault of theirs. Most businessmen are ready to pay tax but the govt instead of making arrangements concentrating on petty issue like penalty. I could not understand penaly is what for?. We (businessmen) are acting as a agent to collect tax for the goverment even our july bills are pending with the customers we have paid the taxes to the govt. still govt is treating us like small children by giving punishment. 

I doubt the govt intention is it to wipe out the samll businesses?

1 Like

Mr. Singh (497 Points)
Replied 21 October 2017

Yes it is loot, Only 37 lakh returns filed for the month of September till yesterday night, Our govt. must understand the problem that it is very tough to manage all things for all traders in limited time , But it is dictatorship they have started 200 per day on 2/3 Rd traders .
1 Like

Kalpesh Chauhan, (Tax Assistant (Accounting Technician CA FINAL CS PROF. PROG. B.Com))   (8311 Points)
Replied 21 October 2017

@ all.....

How can we file online petition or any legal action ?

I request everyone to contribute not only from a particular state as did by Rajasthan, but want to raise voice for waiving late fee provisions for all over India especially for Aug and Sept.

It is critical for most of the businessmen from small to huge corporate to provide all the data accurately. As the system itself is under developement stage and not working 100% .

Further, GSTR 3B is an interim and provisional return. Government can not enforce such penal action for a statement which is secondary in nature. Even the due date for Aug. & Sept. for GSTR 1, 2 & 3 is not yet declared due to uncertainity of the GSTIN portal, the Govt. can not make such system. If the primary return i.e. GSTR 1, 2 & 3 are not filed within due date, then they are correct to levy penalty and late fee. As the date of original and Primary returns are not yet due, it is not reasonable to levy late fee.

Hoping for quick and positive reply..

3 Like

g mahesh Mundra (Business and tax consultant)   (3293 Points)
Replied 21 October 2017

yes I agree with Mr.singh previously GST body told there are only three returns like gstr1 gstr2 and gstr 3 but suddenly they introduced gstr 3b which one confusion for all traders and also late fees per day. GST is called as non profit organisation but I didn't understand then why there is late fees per day. They can fix one amount as a late fees maximum 500

Pankaj Rathod (2 Points)
Replied 21 October 2017

There is this petition started by CA S. Vignesh.

https://www.change.org/p/finance-minister-waive-off-all-late-fee-on-gst-filings-till-march-2018

Please sign the petition. If more and more professionals as well as taxpayers sign the petition, it can impact late fee decision.

JITENDRA (JOB) (7 Points)
Replied 23 July 2018

I agree with "Late fee for August GSTR 3B - cheat and looting " havy rush is not an excues ..if govt is confident about its late fee after a specific filing date then the site should work till HR 24:59 of the such day......but at present GST system fail to work properly before 5 to 6 days and still 3 to 4 days after the date ......its a big headache....nothing else... Sorry for my english ...
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: