Key features of rpu 3.5

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)

10 July 2013  

Key features of RPU 3.5

·         Addition/ deactivation of fields Change in quarterly TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2013-14 onwards as below:

o   Alternate contact details like e-mail and contact no. of the deductor and responsible person may be provided.

o   Quoting of TAN registration no. (if any) as provided by TIN.

o   Minor head code is to be provided in challan details for tax deposited through challan.

o    Late fee is to be provided in challan details applicable from FY 2012-13 onwards.

o   No details to be provided for cheque no. and section code in the challan details.

o   Section code to be provided in deductee/collectee details.

o   Introduction of new section code Form no. 24Q: Section 92C has been added which is applicable in case payment is made to Union Govt. employees.

o   Section 194I has been bifurcated as below:

§  Select value 4IA from the section code drop down where tax has been deducted under section 194I (a)

§  Select value 4IB from the section code drop down where tax has been deducted under section 194I (b)

o   Lower/ No deduction certificate no. to be provided in the deductee details.

o   In the annual salary details (24Q, Q4 – Annexure II) break up to be provided for the salary paid and the tax deducted by the current employer and previous employer during the current Financial Year.

o   Introduction of fields for quoting foreign remittance details in Form no. 27Q as below:

§  Nature of remittance

§  Whether TDS rate of TDS is IT act (a) and DTAA (b)

§  Unique acknowledgement of the corresponding form no 15CA (if available)

§  Country to which remittance is made

o   Introduction of value “Z” in the field Remarks for lower or no deduction. Applicable in case of no deduction on account of payment under section 197A (1F).

o   In the annual salary details (24Q Q4 – Annexure II) records to be highlighted whether the tax has been deducted at higher rate.

·         Quarterly TDS/TCS statement (regular and correction) can be filed only for FY 2007-08 onwards.

·         Discontinuation of “Y” type of correction statement.

·         RPU version 3.5 is applicable w.e.f 01/07/2013.