Just Retired Need Some Help about Income Tax

trnghosh (sr asst) (207 Points)

16 January 2020  

Just retied on 31.12.2020 and have some question. Shall be glad for your kind answers on my question.

After retirement I Paid Rs 19320.00  ( Policy for Rs 3.00 Lacs) towards one mediclaim policy  arrangement by my previous employer ( S.B.I), can I take deduction for this one under 80 D ( mediclaim premium)  for this financial year ( 2019-2020).

2.  I made some fixed deposit with Bank and as I did not submit 15H, tax will be deducted at the time of maturity  so is their any need to break up the income incurred from these fixed deposit and summed them with my income for this financial year ( Kindly keep in mind TDS will be deducted by the bank at the time completion of financial year ie 31.03.2020). 

3. My pension will be around Rs 38000.00 and in a year it will be Rs 456000.00 , I do not have any other income ( some fixed deposit with the bank and bank will debit TDS yearly), so do I have to pay any tax ( as it is below 500000) ? 

4. I also need some idea about Sec 80 TTA ( Savings bank intt relief) , Sec 80TTB ( FD, SCSS intt relief). 

I think the question is long enough and sorry for this one. 

Hope to get some response. 

Thanks

T K Ghosh