Join the Excel ToTally Comunity

Ghosh-giniexmail@gmail.com (ExcelToTally Accountant)   (1386 Points)

25 October 2009  

Sir Isac Newton said : “ I just collected pebbles on the sea shore the whole sea remained a mystry”. In a film “Ek doctor ki maut” Pankaj Kapoor(The Doctor) used to say “So much to do so little is done, so lets start now” (but at the end he failed b coz of our country). I always wanted to do something serious but I didn’t know where to start. I started with excel & soon I fell in love with it but being an accountant I had to respect tally too as I get my livelihood out of it.
If tally is sweet n sour Rani Mukherjee, then excel is hot & s*xy Bipasha Basu. I was struggling like maintaining two girlfriends like when you have two girlfriends & you call/ SMS “Rita” as Seema” or the opposite(Pls don’t think of me as  womaniser, I have only one girlfriend that’s my wife) . So I decided to go with Excel & Keep Tally as Stand By. Now I am on a mission called “Excel ToTally” Or you can read this from the end i.e “ToTally excel” the way you like….Anybody who feels like me…can join this mission by sending mail to me….
This is not going to be charitable kind of stuff bcoz charity begins at home & stops there….Lets first do business & build the community then within the community we can do some charity out of our own pocket.
I have a vision to hit the Tally Accounting Market by 1.1.2010 & 100 members in every 100 days. To become a community member you have to learn how to import xml file into tally, what may be the possible errors, how to handle that, how to work fast on excel & how to maintain a mirror (Just same like) file in excel as tally master data.
Then you have to send me your brief (not more than 60 words) alongwith one homework that you get in the kit :
Task : You will get a file call sales.xml & some direction how to import that file in tally.
You have to complete the import & check & tally with the sample data.
If you do this you are close (Two step to end) to become a member of this community.
Export the Sales register in excel & keep it ready. Open a gmail (compulsory) account starting with giniexmail.(dot)yourname/yourcity. Now you mail me the following from your gmail & don’t give this gmail id to anybody.
  1. The 60 word brief about you.
  2. The Exel exported sales register.
You are now the member. You can send me files for conversion into xml enjoy the following benefits:
  1. You can work fast & get more number of clients.
  2. As we are doing everything by mail (no paperwork, no mobile call) it has almost cost nothing extra if you have internet or Max Rs.300/- for cybercafe.
  3. If you have 25-40 clients then you get 200%-300% Return in a month.
  4. It keeps all your data in gmail server, you can retrieve anytime if reqd if you manage the file by proper names & date.