Easy Office
LCI Learning

Jobs in finance

Page no : 2

Neelam Prakash Sharma (Company secretary) (43 Points)
Replied 05 July 2012

I would rather say that instiute should take step in enhancing quality through restructing course curriculam, training pattern, restricting no of attempts and many more things then only CA will again regain its lost glory

CA. Aabhishek Khurana (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (364 Points)
Replied 05 July 2012

WHEN THE INSTITUTE WAS DECLARING LOW RESULTS PEOPLE USED TO CRY AND BLAME THE INSTITUTE FOR THOSE POOR RESULTS.

WHEN THE INSTITUTE IS DECLARING HIGH RESULTS PEOPLE STILL BLAME THE INSTITUTE.

IT IS NOT INSTITUTE'S FAULT THAT THE PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING JOBS. IN GENERAL THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS OF A CA STUDENT ARE HORRIBLE.INSTEAD OF BLAMING THE INSTITUTE THE PEOPLE SHOULD IMPROVE THEIR OVERALL PERSONALITY.

DEVELOP CONTACTS,IMPROVE YOUR PERSONALITY AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND SURELY U CAN GET JOBS.

1 Like

CA.Karthikeyan G (M.Com) (201 Points)
Replied 05 July 2012

Hi

Reason is now-a-days questions been asked in Final Exams are bookish and verbatim from the Study Materials and Supplementary modules issued. I give you a proof to the above matter as mentioned below:

In May 2011 Financial Reporting Paper: (Picked Up from Study Material Revised Edition of January 2011)

Question No

Question From

Page No

Chapter

Illustration No

Marks

1(a)

Study Material

AS – 15

1(b)

Study Material

Financial Instruments

1(c)

Study Material

Guidance Notes

1(d)

Study Material

AS-22

RTP – November 2010

Consolidation

Study Material

AS -14

4(a)

Study Material

Corporate Restructuring

7(b)

Study Material

AS-7

7(c)

Study Material

AS-15

TOTAL MARKS ASKED FROM BOOK

In Nov 2011 Strategic Financial Management Paper: (Picked Up from Practice Manual Edition of June 2010 and re-printed January 2011)

Question No

Question From

Page No

Chapter

Illustration No

Marks

1(b)

Practice Manual

Foreign Exchange

1(c)

Practice Manual

Security Analysis

RTP – November 2010

Business Valuation

4(a)

Practice Manual

Security Analysis

4(b)

Practice Manual

Leasing Decisions

TOTAL MARKS ASKED FROM BOOK

It is sad for me to note from the above is the standard of present CA Final question paper were not up to the mark. Study material illustrations, Practice manual, RTP of Appearing Exam and RTP’s of Past two or three exams, from these inputs questions asked verbatim in the final question paper. Even in May 2012 I noticed various questions bookish from RTP’s and Practice Manual. Finally understood that repeated questions were asked again and again. Hence a person having a basic knowledge can crack exams with these inputs.Then automatically it is difficult to search for a best CA to make him suitable for job.

Replied 05 July 2012

My Suggestion: The question paper Should be tuf, technical, in-depth testing of knowledge in all the subjects, So only those who possess sound professional knowledge will pass. What happening at present is question paper were easy but pass percentage were low, definetly doubt arises that some manipulations in the pass percentage. 

S.ASWATH (Manager) (704 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

Dear All,

what is this institute not giving quality material/studies means how many students truely follws the institute material

ANs No one

Qst picked from study material or practiice manual mean see this is issued by ICAI if this books are present why ICAI go and take from others

Institute books are very useful if you studied that properly.

and for unemployment i accepted with Jatinji bcs, as you said the same attempt how many students got better job without references and CA can do anything if anybody says jobless mean it is really not the mean that he is not getting the job he is not able to utilised properly

that to CA oops!

even if you not getting jobs you can start practice with as muh you can i know that it is difficult to start the practice who come from poor background initially but if he having adequate exposure he will not sit ideal

Lower salary jobs

If any body accepted lower salary jobs it is not the mistake of ICAI or industry it is the mistake of that people why he itself reduced his price if no body accepted than they should come for our side

this is my opinion and i am not blamed any others

Regards

S.Aswath

bhavik mehta (C.A.) (526 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

i agree with G K N , Quality of Question paper is become bookist...

and the knowledge is put oneside now...

and so with the advice or smart work , students only follow study material for getting through exam, rather then for knowledge...

Quality of question paper is come down to other B.com / M.com exam level rather then professtional course.

ya, but from may-12 exam, Institute have tried to change the above thing , but still its not for all subjects.

Nagarajan DK (CA) (103 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

Originally posted by : Jatin Singh Negi

Its a big NO..

Conditions aren't so bad as much as others are saying..
I take a strong exception to it..

The reality is Jobs are less but not NIL.
Salary is also low and bit compromising..
Actually CA's are more and quality CA's are less...

Have patience and keep updating your knowledge and communication skills, victory will be yours

Good Luck to all :))

Dear jatin singh nehi sir,

reply to your exception

1) Not good word "Job are less but not nil"

2) Salary is also low and bit compromising.- For such lesser salary why should i have to study the CA. Actually Articleship will not be considered as a Experience. Within our articleship time, one can get 3 year experience. All companies expects experienced candidates only.

3) Actually CA's are more and quality CA's are less...- Bad sentence. without quality how can become a CA. I dont know the definition of Quality. If no quality means, then why articleship. Try to compare to other studies. No course gives students such difficult articleship say 3 years. But we are doing this. But you say that quality is less.

Try to post some practical replies. Dont post such silly replies. even other graduates also come for interview with years of experience. But we are taking high risk. i.e. the pass % is 15. So passing the CA only a difficult task. Again you say that "No quality" means what a reply.

1 Like

Jitendra Gandhi (Financial Analyst) (21 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

Dear All

We need to accep the fact here ;..and i believe that .

If a person has capability to translate his/her learning into precticability then whether he is a C.A/ MBA/M/Com/Bcom

Either/any of the qualification ; one can run the show for surely

Since; private organisation will look who can be helpful for the work rather just qualification

Best regds//

Replied 06 July 2012

Aswath

Please understand the word which i have used am not giving comments on quality of study material.I used the word Verbatim i.e Questions duplicated from the Study material and practice manual illustrations to the Exam question paper without changing words and figures.

CA bezawada ranga (Chartered accountant) (315 Points)
Replied 14 July 2012

currently, if want to join on finance side, just u need reference.

unless if u dont have reference, its difficult to find jobs in big companies.

however, there are still more jobs in software side.

u can pull a stone on that area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: