JIHAD...ILLUSION..saaf karlo.

Ashish Dug.. (CA (FINAL)) (619 Points)

07 October 2009  

JIHAD….
I hope this term has been heard by many everyday. So had I. But today I was going through the news channel when I came through the tag line “PAKISTAN AGAINST INDIA: EITHER JIHAD OR JAIL”.
          I got attracted to the 5 letter word JIHAD.. for the 1st time. I was unclear about this term; just I knew was this is used for pakis. I thought of going deep into it. And I have compiled this information which might erase many illusions in our mind…..

WHAT JIHAD ACTUALLY IS?
-JIHAD Islamic term, is a religious duty of Muslims. In Arabic, the word jihad is a noun meaning "struggle." Jihad appears frequently in the Qur'an and common usage as the idiomatic expression "striving in the way of Allah .A person engaged in jihad is called a mujahid, the plural is mujahideen.
A minority among the Sunni scholars sometimes refer to this duty as the sixth pillar of Islam, though it occupies no such official status. In TwelverShi'a Islam, however, Jihad is one of the 10 Practices of the Religion.
According to scholar John Esposito, Jihad requires Muslims to "struggle in the way of God" or "to struggle to improve one's self and/or society.” Jihad is directed against Satan's inducements, aspects of one's own self, or against a visible enemy. The four major categories of jihad that are recognized are Jihad against one's self (Jihad al-Nafs), Jihad of the tongue (Jihad al-lisan), Jihad of the hand (Jihad al-yad), and Jihad of the sword (Jihad as-sayf).

WHAT JIHAD MEANS TO MANY PAKISTANIS OR YOU CALL TERRORIST?

-          Terrorism in the name of JIHAD: TERRORISM HAS led to an inhuman atmosphere all round the globe. The most popular kind of terrorism that has emerged is Islamic terrorism. With different terrorist associations coming up, our media has propagated new words like ’militant Islam’ (which has been in vogue in the World Press recently) and ’Islamic terrorism’.

Through malicious propaganda campaigns, distortion on the true concept of jihad and labelling of Muslims as barbarous killers and usurpers, some people among us have depicted a horribly ugly picture of Islam in the eyes of the world. The word Jihad conjures up the vision of a marching band of religious fanatics with savage beards and fiery eyes, brandishing swords and attacking infidels.

If we talk about Jihad in the context of the holy Quran, Jihad means striving utmost to achieve an objective in a noble manner. The primary objective being to establish a social order based on the Quranic fundamental principles. All efforts to that end fall within the meaning of Jihad.

Jihad is the name of an organized effort and its rules are defined in Islam e.g. nobody is allowed to kill enemy’s woman, children and the old during jihad, likewise it is forbidden to burn crops or houses. All terrorists do such activities and yet they are called Jihadis.

The very word ’Islam’ means peace and mischief is prohibited in Islam. Thus, it is said: "And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order. Do you think mischief and belief in God can go together?

Fighting is allowed in Islam. But do you know with whom this fighting is meant. It is allowed against the forces of evil which interferes in the establishment of a social order based on truth. The religion never allows transgressing limits. Taking hostages and maltreating envoys and private citizens in any shape and form is totally foreign to the teachings and doctrines of Islam. In other words the philosophy of Islam totally rejects terrorism.
Hazrat Aqdas ( Maulana) says: "The people who call themselves Muslims, but are convinced that Islam should be spread by swords, are not aware of the inherent excellence of Islam and their actions are like the actions of beasts".

Muslims condemn/deny suicide bombings as suicide is strictly prohibited in Islam.

Do you still think it is right to give credit to the religion to motivate terrorists who play with the lives of innocent people in the name of religion? Is it right to call terrorism as ’Islamic terrorism’ the terrorists as ’Jihadis’?

CONCLUSION:

-          In the end I must say that terrorism, extremism, communalism and fundamentalism affect the unity and integrity of our country. If we do not help in minimizing the root cause of terrorism no elections and no democratic government can change it. All religions condemn acts of terrorism and teach to love all and hate no one then how can we feel comfortable in calling terrorist acts under the name of religion?