Easy Office
LCI Learning

Itr rejected

Page no : 2

CA Rahul Sharma (Asisstant Manager Finance)   (697 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

my question is that whether return for ay 2011-12 can be filed now??

CA. Praveen (Chartered Accountant) (119 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

Source: From CPC

If original return is invalid due to non-receipt of ITR-V, can I file original return again.

If 120 days (including any extension,if any) has lapsed then assessee is required to file a revised return ,however new revised return will be treated as original return.

To Conclude:

As per Section 139(5) -  Revised return may be filed within 1 year after the expiry of Assessment Year. Therefore for AY 2011-12 last day to rivise is 31st March 2013. So in your case your friend lost the opportunity.  So you can do nothing oteherthan waiting for any extension.

Arpan De (Articled Assistsant - CA Final)   (68 Points)
Replied 24 January 2014

Dear everyone of the above respondents....for ur kind information...this same problem cropped up for three of our clients in our office... We called up CPC and they advised us to file a revised return and subsequently send the ITR-V to CPC, which on compliance, now stand solved....that is; now assessment will be accomplished on the revised return.

CA. Praveen (Chartered Accountant) (119 Points)
Replied 24 January 2014

at Arpan De

Hi,

Ya I accept your reply.  But due date for filing revised return got elapsed by 31st March, 2013 itself for AY: 2011-12. (this is what solution for  rahul sharma's question)

Had it been for AY: 2012-13, I accept your contention.

Hope you understand.

Bala Pullaiah B (Salaried) (179 Points)
Replied 25 January 2014

You have to file revised return u/s 139(5) and send the same to it CPC

SamTK (Chartered Accountant) (194 Points)
Replied 26 January 2014

The question of a revised return arises when the original return has been accepted.

In your case, the original return that you sent was rejected due to non-receipt of a signed copy of ITR-V within the stupulated timeframe.

Hence, you're supposed to file a new return, an absolutely fresh return.

Your first return(original return) is no longer valid.

Cheers,
Sam

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: