ITR Defect Notice 139 (9) Received (Earlier ITR filed under old tax regime)

Hi Team,

 

I received defect notice 139(9) post submission of my ITR -1 with old regime.

The notice says it mis-matched the income from my 26AS , However I inlcuded all income mentioned  in 26AS in ITR-1 . but the defect is came as under 26AS along with my salary income there is one business income (section 194c) present which I consider as other source of income while filing the ITR-1.

Now, I realize I have to file ITR-4 for AY-2024 - 2025. 

issues :

  1. To response the defect notice with failing the ITR-4 it not allowing me to file it under old tax regime
  2. I have filed Form 10-IEA  (filled on 4th Aug 2024) Although it not allowing me to opt for old regime

 

Please help me here with you kind guidance.

As well as please let me know , if in case I did not response to the defect notice within allowable timeline what can happend ? (as I have mentioned all the income in ITR-1 as per 26AS just the business income mentioned as other source of income.

 

Thanks 

Replies (1)
Hi, Please check the details in your inbox.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details