Easy Office
Easy Office

Issuing shares by pvt ltd company under companies act, 2013

Page no : 3

Deepti Aggarwal (Assistant Company Secretary)   (143 Points)
Replied 30 August 2014

Hiiii Friends

Is anyone having a format of "Valuation Report" to be issued by CA and to be attached with FORM- PAS -3 ..???

If Yes....Plz share...its very urgent..!!

Anil (1638 Points)
Replied 31 August 2014

Hi,

I doubt whether valuation report is to be filed with PAS-3.

PAS-3 is for rights issue and not for private placement.PAS-4 seems like the correct form.

Others views are welcome.

Pankaj (Chartered Accountant) (118 Points)
Replied 04 September 2014

Dear Mr. Anil,

Valuation Report is to be attched with PAS - 3 (i.e. Return of Allotment). You can refer to the help attachment Form PAS-3.

and PAS -3 & 4 both are for Private Placement. PAS 3 is Return of Allotment and PAS 4 is Offer Letter for issue of Shares.

Thanks.

Can any1 provide me the format of "Valuation Report" Please.....

1 Like

Dear Deepti Ma'm,

Many sample formats are available if you google the same.

Thanks

Dear Mr. Pankaj

I Know that and i am very much aware about google search engine but still i am not getting any suitable one. This is becoz i want Valuation certificate from CA and not from Registered Valuer.

I hope you get my point...and If you can do this, that will be a great help

Narayan samantra (c.a) (25 Points)
Replied 13 September 2014

Can Anyone Provide me Draft of Resolutions for the Issuing shares by Pvt Ltd Company under companies act 2013

salma (lawyer) (41 Points)
Replied 31 October 2014

Pankaj, Deepti, when filing form PAS - 3, a valuation report is not required in case of a rights issue. It is only required if there are securities which are being issued for consideration other than cash or for a private placement.

Nimesh (Article) (21 Points)
Replied 03 November 2014

Sir, is there any format for preparing offer letter for right issue of shares for a private limited company ?

Your immediate response is highly appreciated.

CA Mukul Garg (CA) (264 Points)
Replied 27 November 2014

Issue of shares by Private placement (includes Preferential Issue)

30 May 2014    by CS Samrish Bhanja 

Preferential Issue – Procedure

Compiled from provisions of Section 42 and Section 62 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 14 of Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules, 2014 and Rule 13 of Companies (Share Capital and Debentures) Rules, 2014. 

a)      Shareholders meeting

1.  The issue has been authorized by a special resolution of the members (Sec 62(1)(c)). File form MGT-14 with ROC with copy of special resolution within 30 days.

2.  The company shall make various disclosures in the explanatory statement to be annexed to the notice of the general meeting pursuant to section 102 of the Act as stated in Rule 13 of Companies (Share Capital and Debentures) Rules, 2014. Among various details, the names of the proposed allottees, the change in control and the pre & post shareholding pattern, shall also be disclosed.

3.  The allotment of securities on a preferential basis made pursuant to the special resolution shall be completed within a period of twelve months from the date of passing of the special resolution.

b)     Registered valuer

4.  The price of the shares or other securities to be issued on a preferential basis shall be determined on the basis of valuation report of a registered valuer;

c)      Offer Document (PAS-4) and complete record (PAS-5)

5.  Issue of a private placement offer letter. (Sec 42(1)). For the purposes of sub-section (1) of Section 42, a company may make an offer or invitation to subscribe to securities through issue of a private placement offer letter in Form PAS-4.

6.  A private placement offer letter shall be accompanied by an application form serially numbered and addressed specifically to the person to whom the offer is made and shall be sent to him, either in writing or in electronic mode, within thirty days of recording the names of such persons. (Section 42(7) read with Rule 14(1)(b) of Chapter III)

7.  The company shall maintain a complete record of private placement offers in Form PAS-5.

8.  A copy of such record (PAS-5) along with the private placement offer letter in Form PAS-4 shall be filed with the Registrar within 30 days of circulation date. Date of private placement offer letter shall be considered as circulation date

d)     Share Application Money

9.    A company making an offer of securities shall allot its securities within sixty days from the date of receipt of the application money for such securities. If not able to allot, return application money within 15 days failing which interest shall be payable by the company @ 12% p.a.

10.  Monies received on application under this section shall be kept in a separate bank account in a scheduled bank.

11.  the payment to be made for subscripttion to securities shall be made from the bank account of the person subscribing to such securities and the company shall keep the record of the Bank account from where such payments for subscripttions have been received. (Rule 14(2)(d) of Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules, 2014)

12.  the securities allotted by way of preferential offer shall be made fully paid up at the time of their allotment.

e)      Return of Allotment

13.  A return of allotment of securities under section 42 shall be filed with the Registrar within thirty days of allotment in Form PAS-3(along with a copy of valuation report).

Penalty

If a company makes an offer or accepts monies in contravention of this section, the company, its promoters and directors shall be liable for a penalty which may extend to the amount involved in the offer or invitation or two crore rupees, whichever is higher, and the company shall also refund all monies to subscribers within a period of thirty days of the order imposing the penalty (Sec 42(10)).

Ankush Lawate (Company Secretary) (295 Points)
Replied 04 December 2014

Originally posted by : Nayan Gupta
A private limited company wishes to allot around 100 shares each of face value Rs. 10 at Rs. 4,000 to five individual investors. I have heard that there is some change in the process of allotment of shares. Would request you to provide the complete process of allotment of shares in such a scenario.

On the basis of above facts, it appears to me that this qualifies as private placement of shares and accordingly the provisions as applicable to private placement shall apply to the issue. However as per Sec 42 read with rules, a private placement offer should be for minimum face value Rs 20000 to each allottee. However, in the present case, the face value of allotment is much below 20,000, so would it still qualify as private placement. If not, what are the provisions that will apply to share allotment of shares.

Would require your response specifically with respect to the following:

1. Issue of Prospectus

2. Valuation Report to be obtained from registered valuer

3. Who is registered valuer as per new companies act.

Dear Nayan Gupta,

I am facing the same problem. Our Company (Pvt. Ltd.) wants to issue preference shares against share application money of Rs. 5000 each received from various individuals. Request your expertise in this regard...

Isha Sumit Gupta (Practicing Company Secretary)   (48 Points)
Replied 02 January 2015

Sir a private limited company wants to issue debenture. so please tell me the whole procedure for the issue and allotment of deneture and which form should be filed and also the resolutions. Please send me the format of resolutions for issue of securities on private placement according to new companies act 2013 which i have to file to ROC in the procedure of allotment. Please reply as soon as possible. My email id is csishagupta07 @ gmail.com.

Replied 19 January 2015

Originally posted by : salma
Pankaj, Deepti, when filing form PAS - 3, a valuation report is not required in case of a rights issue. It is only required if there are securities which are being issued for consideration other than cash or for a private placement.

Dear Ms. Salma,

Yes you are correct valuation report is only required when issue is as per Section 62(1)(c) of the Companies Act i.e. preferential issue.

No need of valuation report in case of Rights issue of shares.

Akshay Gupta (CA Final ) (51 Points)
Replied 16 November 2015

Dear Sir, if a company fails to allot shares withn 60 days,and also fails to repay the application money within 75 days,what are the penalties that a company has to face?? And what can be done by the company to avoid those penalties??

Nandha Kumar (Founder) (25 Points)
Replied 25 January 2016

dear sir,

i have a doubt 

if the company subcribe capital Rs.100,000 and each share value Rs.10 which means 10,000 shares,if the A director takes 8500 shares and B director takes 1500 shares,if we gonna fund raise the venture capital firm or angels , so how many shares can A and B directors give it to the investor,the fundraing value like Rs.10,00,000 (Rs.10 Lakhs), i don't know how many shares can i give to the investor, because we gonna fund raise. anyone can help me soon, 

and then is that inital stage B director forcing the money to return back and question the A director as per companies act 2013

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: