Issue with Income Tax Portal - Bank Account Type Mismatch for Refund Transaction

Monisha Naidu (3 Points)

25 July 2023  

Hello,
I am writing to seek guidance on a matter I encountered while attempting to file my Income Tax Return (ITR) and receive potential refunds. Recently, I added my bank account details to the income tax portal for processing the ITR. The account validation process was successful; however, I noticed a discrepancy in the account type displayed in the portal.
Upon checking my bank account details in the income tax portal, I observed that the account type is listed as "Current," whereas my actual bank account is a "Savings Account." I attempted to resolve the issue by removing the bank account information and re-adding it, but the portal continues to display the account type as "Current."
My concern is whether this account type mismatch could potentially impact the processing of my refund transaction. I want to ensure a smooth and accurate refund process, and any insights or assistance from the forum members would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and expertise in this matter.