Is scolding common in articleship ??

lakshay (ipcc) (581 Points)

21 March 2012  

WELL recently I have joined mazars for articleship.Its only been 2 days . i always wanted to join a big firm where i could get good exposure . in these 2 days when i talked to my colleagues they told me that all the seniors ( ca + mangers , in our team) are very very bad. Bad in sense they are very short tempered . there are actually 4 teams here and the team in which i am, most sux..their head is always scolding the articles but i will have maximuim to learn in this team . i have seen articles getting  scolded by our seniors and managers badly even on small mistake !! i thought in a big firm they would be talking with respect but here they talk in hindi (while scolding ) like tere samaj ni ati kya..maine bola tha naa..kaam kyun ni kiya .bewkoof

is it common in any big firm ?? how do i deal with this..since now i haven't been scolded badly by my parents or anyone..i am too sensitive.i would seriously cry if they scold me like that and is doing statutory audit tough ?? what should i do if i dont want to get scolded?