EASYOFFICE

Is it wise to give both the groups of ipcc together

Page no : 2

(Guest)
u should give both group evn dis is also mine 4th attempt i got 198 &196 in past 2 attempt in group 1 bt nw i think if i gave both groups i could be pass so dun wory n give both groups wen in national convention a teacher said dat 1 month conentrated studies is gud enough for ipcc level n we have more than 2 months so dun lose confidence ..

Anjali (nil) (27 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

Mee too agree with what Vishnu has said.....What i am adding is that, u hav to concentrate in Income tax also, atleat any 3 heads.... i havent studied capital gain in deep , but able to follow its main areas.... I wont advise  u  to leave other two heads of income, but to make thorough knowldge in any 3 heads ,so that u will be able to score max marks in that....  And abt rest of sbjects, law, u can follow Muneesh bhandari sir's text, which i found to be very useful.. And Accounts, i thnk u can do it better ths tym....  any way all the best and dnt be upset ....great success is waiting for u .......  :)

ALL THE BEST

Rohit Rawat (Student) (27 Points)
Replied 21 August 2012

You should go for both groups but put ur main focus on first group as it is important to clear ur first group to start ur articleship . make a good strategy in terms of syllabus, time period for each subject , important topics etc Best of Luck

CA Mayank Chopra (Chartered Accountant) (139 Points)
Replied 22 August 2012

Dear Friend,

My friend, 

1) You have good chance to clear your both Groups as the result of CA has increased drastically & will remain so for coming 1-2 years as the demand for CA will rise in next 2-3 years. Further 75 days are more than enough.

2) The moment you clear your 1st group of CA , you will become eligible for 3 years of articleship.

3) On completion of 2 years of articleship, you will become eligible for CA Finals. Hopefully within 2 years you will be able to clear your IPC.

4) You have an option to convert your existing scheme to new scheme which is beneficial. Refer link for details: https://220.227.161.86/27616bos-directca17162b.pdf

5) The moment you clear your IPC, you will also become eligible for CWA Inter (notification has come) and CS Inter (notification is expected to come).

6) CA & CWA are some what similar but CWA is much easier course than CA. The moment u clear your CWA Inter you can appear for CWA Final in next one year. That means you can become CWA in 12 - 18 months and you can get job with good salary. But to get the degree u have to complete 3 yrs of experience.

7) If u also continue with CA and clear your IPC in nov 2012 or so, thereafter it requires at the max 3 years to complete. I think you are lucky that the course duration has got reduced.

Points to remember for clearing CA/CWA/CS exams:

1) Refer fresh notes of the same author from whom you have taken classes.

2) Practice practicle subjects & not just memorise them to score good marks.

3) Refer RTP's & scanner to know the language of question asked.

4) Improve your presentation & handwriting. For theory subjects or questions, always answer them in points & not in paragraphs. As normally examiner have 10-15 mins to check the paper, so try to make your answer sheet easily readable to examiner.

5) Sleep atleast for 5-6 hours and study atleast for 11-12 hours.

6) Eat well which is the most important aspect and avoid falling sick :-)

7) Overcome your all fear before exam only & dont take them into the exam hall.

" No one is a failure in life, as the success is dependent on the will & determination of the person.. The sooner one tries to achieve it, the sooner one achieves success otherwise the success is only postponed..."

- From "To My Students"
-By CA Mayank Chopra

You can be in touch with me through following link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/freecareercounseling/
> https://www.facebook.com/camchopra

Stay Happy & Bright

Sonal Chavda (student) (125 Points)
Replied 22 August 2012

yes...u should give both grp. concentrate on 1st and cover only passing marks in 2nd. take benefit of set-off of 1st grp, so concentrate on only one.

u can do it!

i'm also going to appear for both grp in nov12!

so best luck!!

Sanjay S (Chartered Accountant) (1375 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

Hey, there is more than 66 days from today.. which is more than enough to prepare for both grps.

1.First you have to prepare a time table for yourself which should give nothing less than 12 hrs per day.. For eg.
6.00 - 8.00 = 2hrs
9.00 - 12.00 = 3hrs
1.00 - 3.00 = 2hrs
3.30 - 6.00 = 2.50hrs
7.00 - 8.30 = 1.50hrs
9.30 - 11.00= 1.5 hrs
                         ----------- 
total hrs/day 12.5 hrs
Now if you get up 1hr early or go to sleep 1hr later.. you can get an extra one hr in your timetable.. Believe me every hr counts ..(Use this timetable if you dont have any other ideas)

2.Stop distractions like T.V, Facebook,Computer games, etc. This really affects your studies very badly.

3. In Taxation, doing ST and VAt only is not good.. you have to do Income Tax .. For this i suggest that you read a good book (like the one by T.M MAnoharan,etc) for 2 to 3 hrs every day first thing in the morning.. When you learn Inc Tax you have to link everything , i mean all sections should be linked to each other... and you have to repeatedly revise wat you read the previous day.. IF you do this , then you will have mastered tax by the end of 35 days or so..

4.The 2nd Grp: For SM read the study material (not Prt Manual) every day for 1 hr (full concentration) and also Auditing ( PM will do) for 1 hr. When doing A\c dont classify the syllabus as 1st grp and 2nd grp.. Study every thing.. esp amalgamation and partnership and internal reconstruction..

5. Physical Health is also a deciding factor.. Go for a brisk walk in the morning or evening...( Dont waste much time on this).

6. The main issue in your preparation would be how you manage your time... Its always about Quality and never Quantity... But still working for 13+ hrs is necessry to ensure yourself a place on the bright side of IPCC

---------------------------------
I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
–Muhammad Ali

---------------------------------
--

This is what i did to pass both grps in May 2012.. Try to ENJOY your studies
What you should do is LEARN and not Study...
Remember you can do this... It only takes your dedication and Hard Work.... Always stick to your timetable..
You're almost there..

2 Like

nishu awasthi (student) (26 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

i cmpltly agree with saket, its upto ur confidence level to go with both group or single.afterall in examination u hav to sit with ur own roll nr. & noone else.still i suggest u to go for both groups as per the passing criteria. i got 194 in 1st grp and 163 in 2nd, in aggregate im pass.

all the very best 4 ur preparation.

amreen (student) (49 Points)
Replied 25 August 2012

both groups yes

Tony John (Chartered Accountant) (6085 Points)
Replied 28 August 2012

On a safer side, I think you should go for the first group alone.

Now that you have lost 4 precious oppportunities, it is high time you get something instead of nothing.

Pass first group and get yourself qualified for articleship. This will give you a lot of confidence.

Then you can attempt the second group.

All the best !!!

parveenicai (article) (60 Points)
Replied 29 September 2012

STICK TO ONE , AND LET LUCK PLAY ON 2 GROUP :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: