Is it mandatory to retailers to show quantity in gstr1

Deep Shah (Job) (169 Points)

11 February 2018  

Respected Members, 

I have one retail stationery & xerox shop where we sale stationery items and do xerox. Our Annual Turnover is below Rs. 20 Lakhs. We have taken regular registeration due to our contract with one company who purchase from us only all stationery items and xeroxs. That company told that we will continue contract with you only if you take Regular GST Regsiteration and give us tax invoice. And since our annual contract with them is around 4-5 Lakhs we taken GST Regular Registeration in last month.

But I have following queries :-

1. Is it mandatory to show Quantity details in GSTR-1 & GSTR-2? Since being small retailers where our major sale is in cash and in small quantity it is very difficult to give quantity details.

2. Doing Xerox is cover under Goods or service i.e. it will have HSN Code OR SAC Code and what is it rate and code ?

3. How to prepare & maintain invoice ? Since I can make invoice where we sale to company in bulk and that payment also we will receive in Cheque but how to prepare invoice for counter sale which is in Cash. so many customers comes in day & purchase one pen,book or do xerox,etc.

In such case can we maintain two invoice series :-

One regular tax invoice which we will issue to that company for bulk purchase

Second Cash Receipts Invoice where I will add up all cash sale in a day and prepare one single invoice for each day.

Please help.