Easy Office
LCI Learning

Is audit necessary?

Page no : 2

CA Saiyum khan (Practicing CA) (685 Points)
Replied 23 August 2011

Originally posted by : Shreya Aggarwal

The turnover of a proprietorship firm is6.00 Lacs and the net profit is25,000 i.e. less than 8%. Is tax audit necessary? Will tax audit be necessary if net loss is there is such a case?

In this case provision of Tax Audit is not applicable if total income on the presumptive basis does not exceed the maximum amount not chargebale to tax. It means if 8% of turnover exceeds Rs.1,60,000 / Rs.180000 as the case may be in that case TAX Audit would be applicable if the declare profit is less than 8% or even in case of loss.

Sohil (Learner) (631 Points)
Replied 23 August 2011

Yes i am wrong

If profit is less than 8% than audit is must.I asked expert on the site and here is the reply

/experts/late-return-penalty-presumptive-tax-advance-tax-doubt-756095.asp/experts/late-return-penalty-presumptive-tax-advance-tax-doubt-756095.asp

Manoj R. Agrawal (Service) (86 Points)
Replied 30 September 2011

In case of individual not necessary

CA. Manish Chandarana (Practising CA) (100 Points)
Replied 07 October 2011

Originally posted by : Shreya Aggarwal

The turnover of a proprietorship firm is Rs. 6.00 Lacs and the net profit is Rs. 25,000 i.e. less than 8%. Is tax audit necessary? Will tax audit be necessary if net loss is there is such a case?

Audit u/s.44AB is mandatory only if the turnover is above Rs.60 Lacs for A.Y.2011-12. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: