Ipcc valo.. jago.. (may 2014 attempt)

Darshan Gohil (FINAL) (77 Points)

19 January 2014  
This is not the book which will make you pass the exam..But it is your talent, dedication and hard work which will help you. If you just want to pass the exam do the following thins 1. Do not read 11-12 hours every day...This time read 3-4 hours, but try to understand the topic you read. Do not just memorise it understand it and everyday think on any topic for at least 1 hour conceptually. 2. Try to relate one chapter with another. For example there is a simple relation between leverage and marginal costing. The main theme, i.e. the formula to calculate the cost it quite sam. 3. When you are preparing a chapter always see in how many places or exems it is going to help you. For example if you are doing AS-3, you are doing an AS, plus practical part of Cah flow Statement which will help you both in Accounts and FM. 4. Make a note book of mistakes. Whenever you do a mistake write it down there. Writing for once means reading for 3 times. So next time you will not make the same mistake again. 5. In group 1 you have 9 Accounting standards read each and everyone, solve every problem you can find on it. And revise it as many times as you can. And when you are answering any question on AS try to follow a good writing style, just like practical problems on law, You can follow this style, it worked for me 1st line : mention the AS number and name: The given problem is baesd on AS-2, valuation of Inventory 2nd line : mention what is written in the AS about the given situation: As per such AS-2, Finished goods shall be valued at lower of cost and Net Realisable Value on individual basis. 3rd line: Now do the calculation/ analyze present situation: On the basis of the above provision of AS-2, Inventory Can be valued as follows. ........................................... ............................................. ................................................... 4rth line: it is for conclution: just write down the decision you reached or the result of the calculation. Hence the value of the inventory will be .............. 6. Costing requres huge practice with clear understanding.. So understand every line properly..then make clear idea....then start practise...Remember if you dont touch this subject for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks you have to start from the first page again... 7. Solve every question from Institute's material for Accounting, costing, FM and Tax.....80% of the paper came from there in November 2011 in Accounting and Advanced Accounting.............. I hope it will work for you.....and remember one thing if you try you can pass or fail ... But if you dont try you will definitely fail.....in IT & SM I got only 8 marks common...And I scored 44, coz I answerd every question based on my concept ...So dont think you will fail even if every question is uncommon....Read conceptually and you will surely answer something, which will make you pass....Best of luck.